Fantastic Fan - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-10-2014, 01:45 PM   #1

Name: Nancy
Trailer: U-Haul
California
Fantastic Fan

Hi all,
Can anyone assist me with determining which Fantastic Fan will fit my 1984 U-Haul? I saw on another forum that there is a low profile lid, and also different depth(s) on the unit depending on the roof thickness.
Any input is greatly appreciated.
Nrody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 03:58 PM   #2

Name: Steve
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA
Pennsylvania
forget the fantastic fan

I suggest you get a maxxfan. It fits the same hole as most vents and fans. It has an aerodynamic lid that is low profile and can be left open when its raining. Although I think its unnecessary, its available with a clicker for control. I replaced my fantastic fan with the Maxxfan. I do have another use for the fantastic fan but I really like the Maxxfan on my Casita!
starbrightsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 06:10 PM   #3

Name: will
Trailer: 16' Scamp
Wyoming
We used the basic Fantastic fan on our Scamp. The roof is so thin that I couldn't use the supplied trim ring but ran screws thru fan frame,butyl tape, the roof and into a frame of oak 1x2 boards.

Will
Wyowill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 07:19 PM   #4

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
I can't remember which model I used but it works good on our Uhaul. I'm away from home for the weekend, will look it up when I get home. The Uhaul has a raised section there on the roof and plenty of thickness for the screws. Like I said on tnttt, I had to cut down the vertical part of the inside trim ring. I may still have that piece to measure. You would only need a low profile lid if you have a clearance problem, like moving the trailer into a garage.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 08:18 PM   #5

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
They do have one designed for use on trailers such as ours with thin roofs. Call them and they will be able to tell you which it is.

I used a standard one and just mounted it flush to the roof and on the inside I trimmed it with wood the same as what Scamp used around the big escape hatch ahead of it. The little drop down from the trim is not a problem as its located in the center over the rear dinette/bed.
Attached Thumbnails
Scamp Fan inside 1 small.jpg   Scamp Fan inside 2 small.jpg  

Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote