Fiberglass Eggs Which Have Showers - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-20-2016, 09:42 PM   #1

Name: Dennis
Trailer: Fleetwood Jamboree Rallye 29 foot
Oregon
Fiberglass Eggs Which Have Showers

Hi all... Not sure if this is where to post this, but feel owners of small FB trailers would know this information.

I currently own a 29 ft Motor Home which is just too large for myself and son.. I am in the process of selling my MH and down sizing to a small FB trailer around 13ft - 17ft in size. I would like one that has a shower in it since I am spoiled by the one in my MH.. [Grin]

Is there anywhere here, or online, that lists small FG trailers that have a shower and toilet room? BTW, I am looking at buying a used trailer and not a new one. i.e. Boler, Trillium, U-haul, Casita, Scamp, etc...

Any help or directions to where I can find the make and model of small FB trailers that have a shower room is greatly appreciated..

Happy camping,
Dennis
Old 01-20-2016, 09:47 PM   #2

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Registry
If you are buying used, the seller should be able to tell you. The majority of FG trailers do have showers, but they are wet baths as in many boats (the toilet gets wet too). And most will be less roomy than the shower in your MH.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 01-20-2016, 09:58 PM   #3

Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPW View Post
If you are buying used, the seller should be able to tell you. The majority of FG trailers do have showers, but they are wet baths as in many boats (the toilet gets wet too). And most will be less roomy than the shower in your MH.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Thank you CPW... Yes, I realize the shower will be smaller, what you call Wet Baths, and I am OK with that... I just want the ability to take a quick shower to feel clean after a hot day running around the area.

I'm trying to put together a short list of FG trailers that have showers so I can narrow down what to look at..

Thanks again and looking for anyone who has a trailer that has a shower to shout out.

Thanks,
Dennis
Old 01-20-2016, 10:00 PM   #4

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Many have shower options, but if you need separate sleeping accommodations you will need something bigger than a 13.
The Parkliner is 15ft, but most trailers which meet your needs will start at 16 ft. Scamp and Casita are the most common to find used, but there are many others. You will certainly hear from Escape owners, they are good quality trailers but less common since they have only been in production for a few years which would mean they would draw a higher price. Bigfoot is a quality trailer which has been around for some time.
If you go to the home page you will find a long list trailer brands(most out of production) with lots of pictures.
A lot depends on budget, desires, and with what you wish to tow.
Here's a couple to get you started...

Lightweight Travel Trailers & Small Campers - Scamp Trailers

http://casitatraveltrailers.com/
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 10:49 PM   #5
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
Think Olivers and the Escape 21 have the largest baths of the fiberglass rigs. Of course both are hard to come by used.

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: https://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 10:58 PM   #6
Administrator

Name: Mary
Trailer: 2015 Escape 21; formerly Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Casita's Patriot Deluxe is a 13' with bath. In fact, as Casitas go, "deluxe" in the model name means it has the bath.
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 12:02 AM   #7

Oregon
Thanks Floyd, Trackors1 and Mary F.. I will check them out.. I haven't seen or heard of the Parkliner or Olivers... Hmmm. Must be hard to find since I have not seen any for sale here in the classifieds..
Old 01-21-2016, 12:22 AM   #8

Name: John
Trailer: Casita
California
Most Casitas have showers... We love ours. One option to look for is one with the additional outdoor shower that many have. If you have privacy its great for a morning shower without getting the bathroom wet, but we use ours mostly for doing dishes, hosing off the dog, sandy feet and general cleanup. A synthetic chamois (the kind that stores in a plastic tube available at auto parts stores) makes shower-bath cleanup a breeze....
Ziggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 03:12 AM   #9

Oregon
Thanks Ziggy... That chamois sounds like a great idea... Do you have a 13 or bigger Casitas..
Old 01-21-2016, 05:15 AM   #10

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Just a little note of wet baths for you Dennis. Some of my buds over the years disliked the wet baths in their slide in campers or small MH's because the stool got wet. Easy way to fix that is to use a large plastic bag over it when you shower. My Casita SD 17s shower curtain covers the entrance door and turns towards the front wall to keep the stool from getting wet. If everything gets wet or not really doesn't make any difference to me in the big picture. On another note, you may want to go to a fiberglass rally or two so you can get a first hand look at some of the makes and models that are out there. Good luck to you.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 07:59 AM   #11

Name: Emily
Trailer: 2005 Scamp 16
Colorado
Registry
Molded Fiberglass Travel Trailers For Sale | Fiberglass RV's For Sale

Here is another link of FGRV for sale. Didn't notice if someone already posted it yet!
emij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 08:15 AM   #12

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Escape 19 and Escape 15B
Alberta
The Escape trailers that come equipped with bathroom/shower are:
- 5th Wheel - the 5.0 which is now discontinued
- 5th Wheel - the new tandem 5.0TA
- bumper pull trailer 21'
- bumper pull trailer 19'
- bumper pull trailer 17B (17A has no bath/shower)
- bumper pull trailer 15B (15A has no bath/shower) {the 15A and 15B are now discontinued}

They are all great trailers.

"You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." - Yogi Berra
Ice-breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 08:28 AM   #13

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
If you are on the large side, be aware the Scamp side bath only has a little over 5' of headroom and not much space. The front bath is larger and taller.
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 09:37 AM   #14

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by tractors1 View Post
Think Olivers and the Escape 21 have the largest baths of the fiberglass rigs. Of course both are hard to come by used.
Bigfoot 21's & 25's also have a large bathroom with separate showers.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 10:41 AM   #15

Name: David
Trailer: Former 13’Scamp, now Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
Lil Snoozy has 6' 4" shower height. We went with the portipotty and simply remove it from the shower to give more floor space and to keep the potty dry.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 10:53 AM   #16

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
We have a 2010 13 Standard Scamp with the front bath and would NOT be without a bathroom in any camper we'd own. Wife loves the shower. The size of the bathroom in the 13' is surprising. And ALSO what's surprising is the comments/compliments we've had on the bathroom alone! MANY people say it's larger or as large as what's in their trailer, motor home, etc. Of course, the big diesel pushers, fifth wheels and others that have the "Full" bath doesnt compare....but neither does the price, towing, etc
Darral T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 11:46 AM   #17

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
If you can find one, the elusive Trillium 5500 has a shower. It's an 18ft trailer.
Carl V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 04:10 PM   #18

Name: John
Trailer: Casita
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlt123me View Post
Thanks Ziggy... That chamois sounds like a great idea... Do you have a 13 or bigger Casitas..
We have a 16' and prefer it to the 17' but the 17' does have some advantages like a larger fridge with a freezer, bigger bed and more storage. 13 footers are cute but tiny. Some 13's don't have showers, some do. To get a general idea you can check out the current models and options here http://casitatraveltrailers.com/ but they do change a bit from year to year.
Ziggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 05:44 PM   #19

Name: Bill&Laura
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Fiver
Kentucky
Registry
This is Laura (not Bill) just chiming in that I did not know that a 16' Scamp was really 13' feet of living space and 3' trailer nose counts in the measurement. Just sayin'....
Old 01-21-2016, 05:52 PM   #20

Name: Sergey
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16 layout 4, 2018 Winnebago Revel 4x4
SW Florida
Yup :-(