Figuring Out The Filled-In Holes - Trillium - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2011, 09:49 PM   #1

Name: Don
Trailer: 1975 BIOD Extase
Alberta
Registry
Figuring Out The Filled-In Holes - Trillium

Hello,

I have just bought what I consider to be a 1971 or so Trillium. Unfortunately, I am not far enough along that I can make out the nuances in years. I just know it's an early one.

(On a side note, the serial number is 13-2203887. Does that help with the year?)

Anyway, I'm trying to figure out some of the patches on the Trill. There's a fiberglass patch on the front end just over the steel frame. Then there's two on the driver's side, one in front and one behind the wheel well. Can anyone tell me what was there? I am assuming the ones on the left might be for a water hose and one might be for AC power, but I don't have any way of knowing for sure.

Any old Trillium owners care to weigh in?

Thanks in advance,

Don
Attached Thumbnails
Edmonton-20110329-00023.JPG   Edmonton-20110329-00017.JPG  

Edmonton-20110329-00022.JPG  
trilliumdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:49 PM   #2

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Registry
Hi Don,

I think the photos in this ad may be particularly helpful. I see some of the same beauty marks

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...-ut-44383.html

Regards,

Matt
Old 03-30-2011, 05:52 AM   #3

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500
Registry
The patch in front covers the screw holes that attatched the propane regulator. Ours was moved from that location to the post that holds the propane tanks.
Attached Thumbnails
100_1778 (Small).jpg  
Chris McVeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:01 AM   #4

Alberta
Registry
Interesting... thanks for the info. I"m surprised looking at the link that the Trillium shown says 1971. By the lower band and some of the decaling I would have thought it to be a later model. Good to know about the regulator.

Come the spring I'll have to see where the 120V electrical comes in. I was under the impression there was a spot on the side of the trailer to plug in shore power, and I also know the newer ones have a place to plug in water. I see neither on mine. Don't know if they were covered, or non existant.

BTW, any educated guesses on the year of mine? Any way of finding out?

Thanks

Don
Old 03-30-2011, 02:28 PM   #5

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft
Don, On my '77 Trillium 1300 the rearmost one is the City Water inlet (hose attachment). The lower one in front of the wheel is the Drain (another hose attachment), and just above that is the Cable Hatch (electrical). Cheers Fred
freddie b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 04:30 PM   #6

Alberta
Registry
Thanks, Freddie. I'm still trying to get a handle on the different years and the different permutations of the mighty 13 footer. Is yours stock? Could you take a few snaps of that side and post them?

Only if it's not too much trouble....
Old 03-30-2011, 07:17 PM   #7

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt in SV View Post
Hi Don,

I think the photos in this ad may be particularly helpful. I see some of the same beauty marks

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...-ut-44383.html

Regards,

Matt
per pic
Attached Thumbnails
trills.png  
Old 03-31-2011, 08:24 AM   #8

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft
Don, I don't have any useful pics of my Trillium at the moment but they wouldn't help you anyway. Here are my observations... Most of the photos of original 1300s I have seen have those 3 hatches on the street side, cable, water, drain, but some have only one. On the curb side most have a tank fill hatch at the rear like mine, some do not, and some have a cable hatch between the door and the wheel. Apparently these, like the smaller jalousie windows in the door and kitchen, and the louvered vents for fridge and heater, simply reflect the options chosen at the time. Also some (most) have the square door handle while others have the smaller rectangular one. One other subtle difference is in the extruded logos on the door and body. Some, like ours, have the horizontal "wings" on the bottom and some don't. Obviously there were 2 different molds used in construction but I don't think this provides any clue as to date of manufacture since it appears that both were used simultaneously. How much of this is related to mfg date? You tell me. BTW the VIN for my '77 is 132205394. You may find this interesting... Two Trillium Trailers Fred
freddie b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:23 PM   #9

Alberta
Registry
Thanks to all, I've hooked up with Nolan, the author of Two Trillium Trailers. He's got the same rig and will send me some detailed pics to show what goes in the holes and what it looks like.

Great resource, this forum!

Don

Tags
trillium