find fuse for refrigerator - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2021, 02:38 PM   #1

Name: Tobie
Trailer: Casita
Washington
find fuse for refrigerator

I have a 2012 Casita Spirit. The refrigerator has stopped working on all power sources. An RV repair person suggested it might be the fuse. Can someone tell me where the fuse it? Thanks.
Moclipswolfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 03:37 PM   #2

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2008 Casita 17' SD
Washington
Registry
The Dometic fridge has two fuses. One in the trailer's converter panel on the 12 VDC fuse panel, and another one outside, accessed by removing the lower outside fridge vent cover. Incidentally, fyi, if there is no 12 VDC power to the fridge's control board, then no workie in any mode, (12 VDC, 120 VAC, or Propane.)

(As an aside, I've been to Moclips, Pacific Beach, Quinault, and most of the other venues out there in your neck of the woods too. I love the ocean.)
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 06:22 AM   #3

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: 1978 Earlton Ontario boler
Ontario
Registry
Shore power surges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casita Greg View Post
The Dometic fridge has two fuses. One in the trailer's converter panel on the 12 VDC fuse panel, and another one outside, accessed by removing the lower outside fridge vent cover. Incidentally, fyi, if there is no 12 VDC power to the fridge's control board, then no workie in any mode, (12 VDC, 120 VAC, or Propane.)

(As an aside, I've been to Moclips, Pacific Beach, Quinault, and most of the other venues out there in your neck of the woods too. I love the ocean.)
We had a fuse problem as well with 12v asked in club and found out the fuse is 10amp; holder melted to fuse during a power surge. After the surge the 120v part worked again (had recently quit) and the propane still worked. Needed the 12v for travel between sites. Replaced the holder and fuse now all is good again.

We now have surge protection from shore power:
Purchased; water tight power station box from lee valley and a quality surge protector.

Cost us $200 for the temporary board for the new furnace (factory gave us a replacement no charge so have a spare now) plus about $600 more in electrical repairs. The Dometic fridge is still working great.

Tags
refrigerator