Finding level on a Trillium - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-30-2020, 05:10 PM   #1

Trailer: Westwind
Finding level on a Trillium

What is the best spot to go with to check level? I tried the front and back bumpers the floor and the counter with all slightly different results. I'm suspicious that the belly band is a good spot to use.

Thank You.

m
mark burnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 05:28 PM   #2

Name: Kenneth
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
Registry
Refrigerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark burnell View Post
What is the best spot to go with to check level? I tried the front and back bumpers the floor and the counter with all slightly different results. I'm suspicious that the belly band is a good spot to use.Thank You.m
The only thing that NEEDS to be level is the refrigerator. If you are comfortable and the refrigerator works you are good to go. Then stick two levels on the outside for easy viewing.
Attached Thumbnails
31 level b.jpg  
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 10:01 AM   #3

Name: George
Trailer: Trillium
Ontario
Registry
I use a round level that I use on my counter above the fridge on my T4500
jokra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 06:33 PM   #4

Name: zack
Trailer: scamp 13
California
A little bit off topic, but I really love my level mate pro
zack sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 06:44 PM   #5

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by zack sc View Post
A little bit off topic, but I really love my level mate pro

If you have a smart phone, download an app. I choose the type of level that works best.
Attached Thumbnails
Level App.jpg  
Old 10-02-2020, 06:48 PM   #6

Name: zack
Trailer: scamp 13
California
That looks really cool! Where do you get that? Who makes and sells that?

Is that Bubble Level for iPhone?
zack sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 07:00 PM   #7

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by zack sc View Post
Is that Bubble Level for iPhone?

It is.
Old 10-03-2020, 07:38 AM   #8

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Speaking of apps, there is also GPS Status (MobiWIA, Ltd).. it shows level as pitch and roll numbers with a bubble that centers when level. Also shows GPS status, location, etc, compass direction, and pretty much any sensor that your phone has.

There are hundreds of similar or leveling apps, and only a handful send your data to the Chinese Government.. the trick is to know which ones.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 08:13 AM   #9

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2008 Casita 17' SD
Washington
Registry
FWIW, the fridge isn't all that sensitive to being "absolute level" as some might have been led to believe. If you don't roll out of bed onto the floor, your close enough. Actually, even within several degrees of level, the fridge will function just fine. It's not necessary to be "balls-on" dead set level for it to work like it should.
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 08:50 AM   #10

Name: John
Trailer: Roamer 1
Smith Valley, Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casita Greg View Post
FWIW, the fridge isn't all that sensitive to being "absolute level" as some might have been led to believe. If you don't roll out of bed onto the floor, your close enough. Actually, even within several degrees of level, the fridge will function just fine. It's not necessary to be "balls-on" dead set level for it to work like it should.
This is absolutely correct. The fridge does not need to be perfectly level.

I've never had a trailer where every horizontal surface agreed to what level was, so pick a spot you want to use as a reference, and go with that. It might be the counter top, the bed, or the shower floor, for instance.

Once you decide and set your trailer to that point, glue a level onto the tongue where you can easily see it, or a lev-o-gauge onto the front of the body so you can see it from the tow vehicle. If you glue a two way level onto the tongue, us silicone, or some viscous glue, so you can "adjust" it to match the surface you selected as the reference point. Then, it will cure in that position, even if the tongue doesn't match.

I selected the bed frame, and the countertop, as the two best points to compromise to a relatively level reading. Then glued my level on the tongue to match. The tongue level is easy to use while running the jacks. But at that point the shower doesn't drain very well, so I sometimes lower the tongue bit to help it. During all of that, the fridge works fine and consistently.

I also go to very little effort to make it just right. A block under the wheels on one side to get it close, and adjust the tongue jack to get it close, and I'm set. It is not critical or worth your time to perfectly dial it in.

Tags
trillium