Finding rails for 2019 tacoma 5 ft bed - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2021, 01:35 PM   #1

Name: Kevin
Trailer: Scamp19’
Missouri
Finding rails for 2019 tacoma 5 ft bed

Howdy all,
Trying to find rails for our Tacoma 4 door with a 5ft bed?
Hoping to get a Scamp 2007 19 foot. We have the ball and Reese hitch portion. Local hitch place needs to have directions for install. They can’t find or source. Rails for Tacoma no just Tundra models. Any info and help is appreciated?🙏
Scamp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 05:03 PM   #2

Name: Robert
Trailer: Scamp
Virginia
You may have to have something made up like in this picture to attach universal rails to. The steel plates bolt to the Tacoma's frame using the bolts that hold the bed to the frame.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0211[1].jpg
Views:	8
Size:	323.3 KB
ID:	142092
bertherr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 05:25 PM   #3

Name: Pat
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 19 Deluxe
Enchanted Mountains of Western New York State on the Amish Trail in Cattaraugus County!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scamp13 View Post
Howdy all,
Hoping to get a Scamp 2007 19 foot. We have the ball and Reese hitch portion. Local hitch place needs to have directions for install. They can’t find or source. Rails for Tacoma no just Tundra models. Any info and help is appreciated?��
The rails on the Scamp hitch are the universal rails from the Reese hitch. Reese did not make rails for my Chevy Colorado, but the Universal Rails fit just fine. The trailer company that installed mine did not want to do it because "you are not suppose to pull a fifth wheel or gooseneck trailer with a Chevy Colorado"!!! They ended up doing it because their head mechanic looked at what I was going to tow, and the weight of the trailer. They did it with the understanding that I would not use it to tow something else. If the rails are to long, just cut them down to the right size. It is not rocket science! My 2018 Chevy Colorado crew cab with 5 foot bed tows the Scamp 19 just fine. I can turn a full 90 degree turn and the truck bed clears the trailer just fine. I towed the new to me Scamp home (over 300 miles thru the Catskills) without a brake controller being hooked up. Never knew the trailer was back there. Do have a brake controller hooked up now.

Make sure they get the hitch properly lined up, far enough back from the front of the box, and far enough back in the bed so the trailer does not connect with the rear of the truck bumper or box. There are several people around here that tow with a Tacoma. Connect up with them to find out the proper measurements or call Scamp.
parmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 09:37 PM   #4

Name: Kevin
Trailer: Scamp19’
Missouri
Thanks
Scamp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 09:43 PM   #5

Name: Kenneth
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
Registry
Interesting Tacoma reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scamp13 View Post
Howdy all,
Hoping to get a Scamp 2007 19 foot. We have the ball and Reese hitch portion. Local hitch place needs to have directions for install. They can’t find or source. Rails for Tacoma no just Tundra models. Any info and help is appreciated?🙏
https://camperreport.com/what-camper...ta-tacoma-tow/
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote