First Attempt at Winterizing - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-12-2020, 10:46 AM   #21

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
When you drain the hot water tank and have the anode out, I like to use the garden hose and a nozzle to blast into the tank and watch for scale to come out. I do this multiple times when done I check inside the tank just below where the anode screws on to make sure you have all the sandy scale blasted out and not setting there wet for an extended period of time. Also a light drop or two of mineral oil on the tanks anode threads will cut corrosion and make putting the anode in easier next spring. I use 3 to 4 wraps of Teflon tape on the anode wrapped counter clockwise
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 05:24 PM   #22

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
all great advice.
Working at a campground I winterize campers at the end of the season as a side business.
It takes me about 20 minutes to do a trailer.
1) shut off water heater breaker.
2) turn on hot water tap to relieve pressure off lines.
3)remove anode rod or plug in water heater /and open Pressure/temp valve.
4)turn valves to by-pass water heater (install a by-pass system will save lots of trouble)
5) open furthest hot water tap from City water inlet to camper.
6)use a compressor to pump air into line and go into camper and open one tap at a time until all lines are clear of water.
7) I have a Flotek valve that I use to pump antifreeze into the lines again opening one valve at a time to send antifeeze into camper and last but not least close bypass to let some antifreeze go into water heater.

For my camper I then pour a bit of antifreeze into the line going to the pump under the seat and done.
Gerry
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 10:18 PM   #23

Name: John
Trailer: Roamer 1
Smith Valley, Nevada
Don't forget the toilet flushing valve, the outdoor shower head and valves, and the sink traps.