Fixing Several Different Fibreglass Problems - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2019, 01:43 PM   #1

Name: Aaron
Trailer: boler
Manitoba
Fixing Several Different Fibreglass Problems

Hello.

I have a mid-1970's 13ft boler that I bought late last year. It was under a tarp all winter and I've been slowly working on fixing some issues. I've been reading some of the posts here about fibreglass repair, but I thought I'd post a couple specific spots on my trailer that need attention.

1) On the roof there are a couple spots that are flaking away. There are fibres under the chipping paint, but I'm not sure how solid it is. Under this spot I've had a bit of water between the fibreglass shell and en insulation, so it might be from here. I am planning to pick away at the damaged area to open up as much as I can, but I'm not sure how far to take it. I'm also not sure what product I should use to fill the hole.

2) In the storage area under the front bench there's an opening to the outside. It looks like it's been slowly eaten away from rocks and/or being scrapped against stuff. It's been painted over and it's not a smooth surface so I'm not sure the best way to go about patching this spot. The inside is fibreglass on the base and the wood is exposed at the back. Any suggestions on this fix?

3) Finally there's some spider cracking around the door. I've read a lot of mixed things about fixing these. It's around the top of the door and some around the handle as well. Suggestions?

Thanks for the help.

Aaron
Attached Thumbnails
2019-05-19 14.03.32.jpg   2019-05-19 14.03.40.jpg  

2019-05-19 14.05.12.jpg   2019-05-19 14.06.40.jpg  

2019-05-19 14.04.28.jpg  
DoubleA is offline   Reply With Quote