Flex-Seal Clear - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2014, 09:06 PM   #21

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
I agree. Just need to fix it right or have it fixed right
to begin with. Money saved and satisfaction much greater.
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 10:08 PM   #22

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
OK I'll admit to using it, the black stuff, and got it at Lowes. I had a very minor water leak around the lower door hinge on our Uhaul. Attempts to seal it on the outside were unsuccessful and I barely could get at the inside because of the inner shell. Finally out of desperation I sprayed some around inside the outer shell where the hinge attaches and stopped the leak. I should have removed the hinge, but I've found some things are best left untouched, and that looked like the case here.
Sounds like it worked.

Another tool in the arsenal, at least for those of us not wedded to dawn-of-time technologies.
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 11:47 PM   #23

Name: Linda
Trailer: '77 Scamp
California
Registry
I used the Flex Seal this weekend, but not on the scamp. I used in to repair the bottom of a 1940s metal cooler that had some spots rusted through the outter layer. It worked well. It sealed it completely and then accepted the Rustoleum primer and top coat. I'm sure it will last longer than I do.
However, I won't be using it for the rivets. The spray foams up and would be hard to control over just the rivet without fear of drips and blobs. It dries to a clear milky color. I think it may come in a brush on product too, which may be easier to control the product in a small area like I have.
Otters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 11:09 AM   #24

Trailer: Helite
They now have a newer product FlexCalk advertising on TV and they show it sealing a window on a camper.
Art VanDelay is offline   Reply With Quote