Foam Insulation/Sealant Remover - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2012, 09:49 PM   #1

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Foam Insulation/Sealant Remover

I thought I had tried everything to remove old dried up expanding foam insulation applied sloppily to all of the cracks in the ensolite on my '81 Scamp by the previous (bonehead) owner. I was convinced that it couldn't be removed. I have sprayed a dozen products and scrubbed and scraped for hours with little results, UNTIL...

I don't want to sound like a snake oil salesman, and I have no relation to this product, but Motsenbocker's Lift Off Caulk, Silicone and 'Foam Sealant Remover' did the trick. It is a gel that is sprayed on, I let it sit for 3-4 minutes and then I scraped of the previously impervious dried insulation foam with a plastic dinner knife. It took two applications and I got it cleaned off. There is still a bit of scraping but I was pleased with the results.

There is another thread about Motsenbocker's removing silicone caulk here - http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f55/silicon-remover-51074.html

- Bruce
BruceG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:22 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Thanks Bruce nothing quite like hearing from first hand folks when something works!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:13 PM   #3

Name: James
Trailer: 86' Casita 13'
Colorado
stripping wall carpet

I'm planning on replacing my wall carpet in my Casita. Do you think this stuff would work for stripping the adhesive they used to put up the original carpet?
jamesguest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:51 PM   #4

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
The instructions on the Motsenbocker's bottle indicates "When removing sealants, Lift Off does not dissolve it, but rather breaks the molecular bond allowing them to be removed in pieces."

I did find that there is scraping involved to remove the foam insulation, but it did come off. It may work on other adhesives as well - it just might be a bit of work.

- Bruce
BruceG is offline   Reply With Quote