We are trailer newbies and have obtained a Predom Prespol fiberglass trailer (shell made in Poland, then interior was finished in Canada, 1988) and the lining was pretty gross so we ripped it all out. It was a knitted material with a foam backing that had totally disintegrated.
I've read the threads about Ensolite and automotive headliner. I went to an Ensolite dealer website and had trouble figuring out which is appropriate. The customer service rep was less than helpful. Soooo I have a couple of questions.
1. What is the number/type of Ensolite - there are quite a few types.
2. Is the ensolite always painted once it is installed as many of the products seem to come in black?
3. Are Volara/Volextra/Minicel brands the same thing (made by Sekisui Voltek)? There seem to various polymers used and I don't know if that matters.
4. Is this stuff fire-retardant?
5. Do you glue it on to the shell with adhesive (spray or otherwise)?
6. Is automotive headliner reasonable waterproof so condensation doesn't form on the shell when cooking, breathing, etc.
Thanks for any help. We need it!!