<FOUND>Help locate a VIN numbrt on 77 boler - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-12-2008, 07:58 PM   #1

Trailer: 1977 17 ft Boler / 07 FJ Cruiser
Registry

Hi All
A bit of a situation here. Trying to get 77' boler registered but can't reach previous owner.
Could you please advise whe do I find a VIN number???? Or a serial #?

Thanks!
D Kovetsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 09:32 PM   #2

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
I bet it might be in different places on the different Bolers (since they were manufactured in a bunch of plants).

On my 1974 Neonex (Winnipeg) we couldn't find it on the frame anywhere (as I'd' read about), but I did find it in three other places. Something to check, anyway:

1) On a "metal" (actually I don't think it's metal but it looks like thick aluminum foil) placard that's just below the belly band about halfway along the driver's side of the trailer.

2) On an English paper placard inside one of the overhead kitchen cupboard doors (also lists appliance data, etc.).

3) On a French paper placard identical to the English one inside another one of the kichen cupboard doors.

Mine is a number like B 130 B xx xxxx. Only the last six digits are really the serial number (the first four are model number stuff), but the PO's title listed all of the numbers under serial number since they are all written together on the "metal" placard. I kept it like that for the new title.

New trailer? If so, congrats!

Raya
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 08:05 PM   #3

Trailer: 1977 17 ft Boler / 07 FJ Cruiser
Registry
Quote:
I bet it might be in different places on the different Bolers (since they were manufactured in a bunch of plants).

On my 1974 Neonex (Winnipeg) we couldn't find it on the frame anywhere (as I'd' read about), but I did find it in three other places. Something to check, anyway:

1) On a "metal" (actually I don't think it's metal but it looks like thick aluminum foil) placard that's just below the belly band about halfway along the driver's side of the trailer.

2) On an English paper placard inside one of the overhead kitchen cupboard doors (also lists appliance data, etc.).

3) On a French paper placard identical to the English one inside another one of the kichen cupboard doors.

Mine is a number like B 130 B xx xxxx. Only the last six digits are really the serial number (the first four are model number stuff), but the PO's title listed all of the numbers under serial number since they are all written together on the "metal" placard. I kept it like that for the new title.

New trailer? If so, congrats!

Raya
Thanks! Yes I think I found it on driver's side on the metal label... in fact the number is only thing readable on the label
D Kovetsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 08:50 PM   #4

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Quote:
Thanks! Yes I think I found it on driver's side on the metal label... in fact the number is only thing readable on the label
That's how mine is too. Basically, it looks like there was printing on the label that's mostly gone, but the serial number was carved in, so it's easily readable.

Glad to hear you had success!
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:24 PM   #5

Name: Dave
Trailer: 13' 1973 Boler - tow/2017 Colorado Crew-Cab
Ontario
Registry
Hi Bolerites:
We just acquired a 1973 Model 1300 Boler built in Englehart, Ontario. Couldn't find a VIN anywhere; but did locate a "Unit No. 510" embossed into the ID badge prominently located on the driver's side of the body-shell. When I registered the trailer this week, for my Ontario plates; I learned that apparently a 'file number' had previously been assigned to this trailer (by the Ontario Motor Vehicle Dept. now, 'Service Ontario) and their file number has now been utilized for my current registration. Fortunately, trailer owner registration, in Ontario, is a once-only affair till it changes ownership. Now, to start the 'restoration'.
bullfrogeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:42 AM   #6
jmh

Name: Jim
Trailer: Boler
Alberta
Registry
I have a 76 boler (Neonex) and in addition to all of the above places, it is stamped into the frame next to the propane tank. It is lightly stamped and a thick coat of paint will hide it. Sand blasting could remove it.
Attached Thumbnails
SERIAL NUMBER.jpg  
jmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 05:20 PM   #7

Name: andrew
Trailer: 17 boler
Ontario
I looked all over for my boler vin # and can't find it. I have a # that starts with R, has anybody ever had a vin # that started with R.
I thought they always start with b

Thanks in advance
andrew78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 01:16 PM   #8

Name: Bonnie
Trailer: Boler
Indiana
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to MrsCleva
Boler-Year

There were no doors, The tongue has been "re-inforced" with addtional metal, and the tag on the side is for the window only.
:-(
Thanks for ALL YOUR HELP!!!!!
MrsCleva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 09:56 AM   #9

Name: Chad
Trailer: boler
Alberta
Boler VIN

I recently purchased a '71 13' boler from BC and the previous registration had a very strange VIN "assigned" to it, likely due to frame reinforcements that covered up the original number plate. When I went to register it in AB, there was a lot of confusion around this issue but with a little patience I was able to convince them that B 0(numeric) L E-xxx was the actual VIN! They had been entering the zero as an oh and the record was not coming up in the system. It was a bit of a nightmare, but worked out in the end.

I guess with such a frequently modified camper, and 45 years of opportunity, Boler owners should be prepared for little glitches like this! In the end, it just makes for another good story around the campfire with a fellow egg aficionado. Good luck to those who aren't able to easily identify a VIN like I was.
Cheech00TS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler, license, registration, title, vin