Fridge Element Problem - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2009, 11:34 AM   #1

Trailer: 1976 Boler 13 ft
We have a 1976 13' Boler in need of a fridge element (Dometic). Does anyone have any ideas where I may be able to purchase or locate one. We live in New Brunswick, Canada. I took it to a RV shop and he called the manufacturer and was told that they no longer make an element for that model fridge. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
Nancy and Don Ostaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 11:40 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I know nothing about availability of parts in Canada, but if worse comes to worse rather than replace the fridge you may want to contact this helpful RV Parts guy in Sacramento, CA
RV Doctor George
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 12:33 PM   #3

Trailer: 1975 Surfside TM14 (front kitchen)
Registry
Send a message via MSN to Scott S. Send a message via Yahoo to Scott S.
there are a few RV salvage places on the web that could help I'm sure?
Scott S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 06:21 PM   #4

Trailer: 1971 Astro (ie. Campster/Hunter I)
Send a message via MSN to Harry Young Send a message via Yahoo to Harry Young
Other elements of correct length and diameter will work, what is the make, model number and voltage of the element? Also the length of the element? I have used an small custom element manufacturing company in Phoenix Arizona to make replacements of the same watts and volts that will insert into the holder. Often a ceramic paste is used so heat will conduct well, people who use "other" replacements neglect this step, the error allows the replacement element to burn out due to poor heat transfer and it over heats...the oversight feeds the myth that substitutes do not work.

Harry
Harry Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 08:17 AM   #5

Trailer: Surfside
Quote:
We have a 1976 13' Boler in need of a fridge element (Dometic). Does anyone have any ideas where I may be able to purchase or locate one. We live in New Brunswick, Canada. I took it to a RV shop and he called the manufacturer and was told that they no longer make an element for that model fridge. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
What model Dometic? I have an RM24 listed under the "Pay it Forward" forum. Might be able to get the parts you need from that.

Keith
KeithP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge