Frig venting - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2010, 06:28 PM   #1

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp and 1985 13 ft Scamp
Hi, thinking about the 2nd scamp, and I was wondering, can a 3-way frig have an access panel in the front of the Scamp? So I could install it in the center, and then all the cabinets up front? MY first thought is NO, because as you travel, junk would end up in the space. But could you down-vent it? But how would you access it to switch power supplies?
JUst was wondering if anyone else tried or thought about this, If someone else has found out it will not work, I don't need to try Thanks

P.S. Somewhere I saw a post of, I think "Lorraine" mod's that had cabinets it the front, did she have a fridge? where was it located, did a search but must have wrong name, or searching incorrectly
sugermc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 06:41 PM   #2

Trailer: 1984 U-Haul / 02 Mazda pick up
You could have the intake vent in the floor, but as you point out you would have no access to the controls or for maintenance. Thus a WATERPROOF hatch would still have to be installed in the front of the trailer. These refrigerators are not built of stainless and any water intrusion would be very bad news.
Bud Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 06:52 PM   #3

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp and 1985 13 ft Scamp
Mr Bud, do you not have to have exhaust venting for these 3 way frig's also? So a water proof hatch would give me access, and floor vent intake, that's cool, but exhaust? has me puzzled
sugermc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 05:26 AM   #4

Trailer: 1984 U-Haul / 02 Mazda pick up
Oh, I thought what I already said would discourage you.

The exhaust is even more difficult. The exhaust vent must be as high as you can get it and thus you encounter the window above. This excludes the use of a duct to carry the hot air up to the roof where it could exit via a deck vent ala boat stuff.
Bud Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote