front window in bathroom Scamp models? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2014, 04:26 PM   #1

Name: jesse
Trailer: 1994 Scamp 13
Colorado
front window in bathroom Scamp models?

Hello everyone, I did a search but no luck. Can anyone tell me if there is a front window in scamp 13 or 16 ft. models if a bathroom is installed in the front? I like my large window in my Scamp 13 for seeing all the way through while driving cross country. Just wondering if I purchased a bathroom model if I lose total visibility. Thanks for any info.
jessesouza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 04:28 PM   #2

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2015 Scamp 13 Front Washroom, Van Camper
New Brunswick
There is a tiny frosted glass window.. But that wouldn't matter.. The door to the Washroom will block your view anyway
Briantb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 04:35 PM   #3

Colorado
bathroom window

Thanks for the response, I don't know if I can afford a bathroom model but it's in my dreams. I'll work on not using the front window but it helps to see who if following me too close. Thanks again...
Old 01-11-2014, 04:46 PM   #4

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Better be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

The Front bath 13' Scamp is very, very crowded inside for more than no people. Basically, with the bed made up, there's no place to be. With the standard 13' Scamp there is the front sofa/bunk you can use and eat at as well and leave the Dinette/Bed made into a bed.

As I have mentioned a gazillion times, we had a 13' Scamp with front bath (had to have the bathroom she sez) And in less than two seasons we sold it to get a 13' egg (A Lil'Bigfoot) without the bath. Much happier.

BTW: Besides the door, there is also a wall you would have to see through. If ya gotta have that view, a rear TV camera might be a solution.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 04:55 PM   #5

Colorado
scamp front window

Thanks for responding, I have been doing as you say - sleeping on the front bunk and keeping the table set up. It works fine. I have a solar shower which I currently use over the sink when the weather is too cold. I just got an small kids inflatable pool so I can shower inside on cold nights, I haven't tried it yet...
Old 01-11-2014, 05:28 PM   #6

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
Better be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

The Front bath 13' Scamp is very, very crowded inside for more than no people. Basically, with the bed made up, there's no place to be. With the standard 13' Scamp there is the front sofa/bunk you can use and eat at as well and leave the Dinette/Bed made into a bed.

As I have mentioned a gazillion times, we had a 13' Scamp with front bath (had to have the bathroom she sez) And in less than two seasons we sold it to get a 13' egg (A Lil'Bigfoot) without the bath. Much happier.

BTW: Besides the door, there is also a wall you would have to see through. If ya gotta have that view, a rear TV camera might be a solution.
Guess I'll counterpoint for about the Gazillionth time,...
We traded our LoveBug13 for a Scamp 13D to get the front bath.
After ten years with it, we would quit travel trailers altogether if we had to go back or get a larger trailer. The See-through method was nice( we now use one small extension mirror) but the trade off was worth it to get a complete trailer.
There is plenty of room for the two of us. (We still like being close after nearly 43 years of marriage.)

Different Strokes, Ya know!

Our Scamp13D is set up in such a way as to allow someone traveling alone to have a 30" wide bunk and a two place dinette set up full time as well as having all the modern conveniences on hand.

Our wraparound couch design allows for that,...and also gives us more storage and facilitates conversion from 5 place dinette to full-sized bed and back with much more ease than the stock configuration.

BTW Bob... The L'IL Bigfoot is one of the nicest 13' eggs ever made, too bad they quit making them.
floyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 05:34 PM   #7

Colorado
small places

Oh thank you thank you, I'm a puny person and I was hoping for a positive response on the scamp 13 with bath. I may have to take a trip to the factory to see one, haven't seen this model or stood in the shower. thank you thank you...
Old 01-11-2014, 08:50 PM   #8

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Once upon a time, I could see completely through my Scamp 16' to whatever was behind me. Then, I changed the axle! A couple of trips and I realized, I can't contol the vehicles behind me.. whether they're speeding of tailgating.. but I want to KNOW what's going on in front of me. I needed to apply brakes or turn signals, etc.

Really... you can't control the folks behind you.... so, does it really matter what's going on? Really?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:23 PM   #9

Colorado
You are right but those trucks are scary I just need more practice
Old 01-11-2014, 09:26 PM   #10

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
The split dinette/bed is an excellent idea. I built one for my Hunter using an IKEA folding mattress from their futon line. Flip up the front half onto the back and raise the table and you have a dinette for two, but that's a little harder to do in a true egg due to the curved corners, we thought about one for the Lil'Bigfoot but those corners.....
BTW: The super comfortable IKEA futon mattress we used has steel pocketed springs and a steel perimeter frame.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:58 PM   #11

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
The split dinette/bed is an excellent idea. I built one for my Hunter using an IKEA folding mattress from their futon line. Flip up the front half onto the back and raise the table and you have a dinette for two, but that's a little harder to do in a true egg due to the curved corners, we thought about one for the Lil'Bigfoot but those corners.....
BTW: The super comfortable IKEA futon mattress we used has steel pocketed springs and a steel perimeter frame.
This isn't too hard and the back of the center section slides forward an extra 10" to make up for the 20" table which spins for versatility.
Having owned a Hunter with a similar mod, I find this one much easier to use.
If you are not very tall a Hunter can be slept in crosswise but the Scamp is wider.
Attached Thumbnails
scamp pictures 020.jpg  
Old 01-13-2014, 06:02 AM   #12

Floyd, I'm really, really liking this table. I take it, that it's completely removable without leaving anything attached to the floor? Can you post a picture of the underside of the table, where the pedestal mounts... pretty please... TIA!
Old 01-13-2014, 08:33 AM   #13

Name: Pete
Trailer: 17' Casita SD
Wisconsin
We have a Scamp 13' w/bath, love it. We do most of our cooking, eating, relaxing outside using the "1st up" when necessary. I bought a small fold-up chair so wife lounges on bed, me in my chair to read, compute etc...
yyyyyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 09:04 AM   #14

Name: Alice
Trailer: 2018 Casita SD - Kondo A-Go-Go
Utah
Registry
I have a 13' Scamp/bath. Yes, it is a little crowded, but love the convenience. You may want to reconsider a window in the bath though. It helps to dry it out after showering. It's just a little oval crank out, but it does keep the air flowing.
Floyd - love the u-shaped dinette.
Pete - I also use my camp chair to set up inside. Can prop my feet up on the bed and watch tv. The sink and fridge are accessible w/o getting up and moving anything. I can leave the bed made full time. Better than paying $120/night for a hotel room.
Alice

KONDO A-GO-GO - I GO WHERE I'M TOWED
Wallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 11:04 PM   #15

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Floyd, I'm really, really liking this table. I take it, that it's completely removable without leaving anything attached to the floor? Can you post a picture of the underside of the table, where the pedestal mounts... pretty please... TIA!
here are a couple of pictures which I have on file. I will post pictures of both tables and post them soon. (I also have a 14"X14" "snack table" with two drink holders.)

The height adapter I made is gone, I have since found a table post of the right length.
The underside of the table has a standard table post mount in the center and two reinforcing strips since it is used as a bed base when in the down position. The post is 30" long which fits easily in the storage compartment along with both tables and all bedding when desired.
Attached Thumbnails
Pic010.JPG   scamp pictures 015.jpg  

scamp pictures 009.jpg  
Old 01-14-2014, 06:45 AM   #16

Thanks Floyd. Looking forward to more pictures
Old 01-14-2014, 11:18 AM   #17

Trailer: 1990 Scamp 16 ft
Floyd,

Great change to your dinette. Really well thought out. Its now on my to do list.

Many thanks, john
John Linck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:35 PM   #18

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Sorry to take so long to post , but here are pics of the underside of both tables from my Scamp13D which have pedestal attachments.(and the top of the small table)
Attached Thumbnails
DSCF0199.JPG   DSCF0201.JPG  

DSCF0203.JPG  

Tags
scamp