Front Window Seal - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2007, 03:43 PM   #1

Trailer: One 13 ft Scamp and One 13 ft Trillium and Two Trillium 4500
The front and back windows in the Burro I'm redoing was broken.....I've bought new Lexan for them cleaned and repainted the frames, but have been unable to find the rubber seal that locks the lexan in place...I've been to four RV service centers but the ones they have are to BIG they are made in the same shape just the wrong size...One told me he could order some but if it was wrong I would be stuck with it...Does anyone know where this product can be found???Does anyone know what's it called so I can do a search???
Randy Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 04:50 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Custom Deluxe
Scamp sells it by the foot, both trim and lock. Be sure to get a tool to insert the lock. it is impossible to install without the correct tool. The tool can be gotten on E-bay for around $20 including shipping. Mike-B
Mike-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 07:35 PM   #3

Quote:
Scamp sells it by the foot, both trim and lock. Be sure to get a tool to insert the lock. it is impossible to install without the correct tool. The tool can be gotten on E-bay for around $20 including shipping. Mike-B

No... No... the seal I'm talking about goes in the metal frame...I've got 3 Scamp trailers all older models and they all have a thick black rubber seal that fits over the fiberglass and the window panel...the new one might be different I don't know....But on this Burro it has a very small angled piece of rubber that fits in a grove inside the metal frame and locks the window panel in place if it's not the exat size it want fit in the grove or lock the panel in tight......Hope this helps describes it better...
Old 06-17-2007, 06:41 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Anything here in the Helpful-Links that might assist?
Windows and Window Parts
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:08 AM   #5

Thanks Donna
I found the part I need at Interstate Metal Fabricators on page #17 just don't know which one I need I called several times but can't get anyone to answer...but now it should be just a matter of time before I get ahold of someone...Thanks again

You always seem to come through
Old 06-19-2007, 06:14 AM   #6

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Randy, several of our members have used Interstate Metal and have found them to be very helpful. It's possible Interstate MAY want you to send them a small sample of what it is you're tryng to replace. I would think that would be the best course in order to make certain you're getting an exact replacement. Once you get exactly what you want, would you please come back and post some more info...like model(?) number and price paid. It may help a Burro owner in the future.

Oh, and glad to have been of service...that's what we're here for
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 09:24 AM   #7

Trailer: Casita 16 ft 1984 and U-Haul CT13 1985
Registry
They're also happy to send you samples of the items you think might work. If you get tired of trying to get them on the phone, in my experience they're very fast at returning emails, and even emailed me photos to help determine the part I needed.

Jeanne
Jeanne and Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 03:24 PM   #8

I talked to John at IMF and he had me send him a small piece to match it correctly...Thanks everyone and Donna I will make sure and post what I find out ...I don't know the year of my Burro just a guess can anyone tell me where to find the serial number? I couldn't find the ones on my 3 Scamps until I saw on here where the numbers were located...still didn't see any numbers until I got ahold of them with a side grinder with a wire brush installed in it and went to town scrubbing on them found out I've got a 1979,1983 and 1987...But have not been able to find anything on the Burro...
Old 06-29-2007, 07:23 AM   #9

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft 1982
Quote:

Mike , What is the tool called, to install the gasket and window.

Thanks

Tom
Thomas A Cronquist is offline   Reply With Quote