Furnace Noise - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2006, 04:12 AM   #1

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
My sister-n-law are staying in a camper while thier house is being built and when they turned thier furnace, a Hydro-Flame 8511-2, on a few weeks ago it ran fine for about 4 hours then it woke them up with a screeching noise.
Her husband turned it off (he is deathly afraid of any gas appliance) and vowed to get a repair-man.
Repair man came and ran furnace and let screech go on and said run it and it may come out....It has been a week now and still noise...though she said not as loud and when she raps the inside cover it will vary pitch of sound.
Any place on this Hydro Flame 8511-2 that thay could lube or where should they start to look without takeing furnace out.
Gerry
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 05:49 AM   #2

Trailer: 1980 Boler 17 ft
Quote:
My sister-n-law are staying in a camper while thier house is being built and when they turned thier furnace, a Hydro-Flame 8511-2, on a few weeks ago it ran fine for about 4 hours then it woke them up with a screeching noise.
Her husband turned it off (he is deathly afraid of any gas appliance) and vowed to get a repair-man.
Repair man came and ran furnace and let screech go on and said run it and it may come out....It has been a week now and still noise...though she said not as loud and when she raps the inside cover it will vary pitch of sound.
Any place on this Hydro Flame 8511-2 that thay could lube or where should they start to look without takeing furnace out.
Gerry
Jerry, fan motor bearings worn out or dry,fan blower wheel rubbing on casing remove to check shaft end play or up & down movement. These motors have sealed bearings you may add oil to shaft end felt in bell housing, temp repair, new motor required if blower wheel not rubbing.
Lloyd Drinkwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 06:07 AM   #3

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
Quote:
Jerry, fan motor bearings worn out or dry,fan blower wheel rubbing on casing remove to check shaft end play or up & down movement. These motors have sealed bearings you may add oil to shaft end felt in bell housing, temp repair, new motor required if blower wheel not rubbing.
Thanks Lloyd... I will try to convince him to take the thing apart to get a better view of things but I am sure he will not do it.
As I said on the other site he is deathly afraid of GAS appliances and he will figure working with noise is better then not working.
That's Gerry with a G...
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace