Originally Posted by dmad1
Camping around Quartzsite, Az. is popular in Jan. and Feb. and so is making the rounds to flea markets, etc. A few years ago, some campers near us left for Yuma to make the rounds. About 30 minutes after they left, their camper exploded. Don't know if they ever found out what caused it but it did major damage. They were very fortunate to have just left.
They probably left the stove on but not lit. I actually did that this week in a house where I was a guest. Either I left the knob on or more likely accidentally brushed up against it or somehow turned the knob a little without knowing it. Smelled the propane
(or at least the additive) and shut it off. If we had left the house then I would expect the same result. If you don't need the propane
for the fridge
it would be a good idea to shut it off at the tank when leaving the camper unattended (its very hard to smell the gas or hear the propane
alarm, that you should have, from 30 miles away