Gas refer saftey suggestion. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-08-2006, 02:32 PM   #1

Trailer: 1996 13 ft Scamp
Send a message via AIM to John Perry
I bought a 1990 13' Scamp last week and am doing a little work on it. I have a brand new dometic refer that I was giong to install in the Burro I just sold. I took out the refer in the Scamp and discovered that even though the proper vents were on the outside of the trailer there were large gaps under the sink cabinet that would let the exhaust gases come into the interior of the trailer up through the stove.
If I was not swapping refers I would never noticed this dangerous situation.

If you have a gas refer, especially if you have an older trailer, please check to see that the area at the back of the refer is completely sealed off from the interior of the trailer.

John
John Perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 07:17 PM   #2

Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
Even B4 you connect it up or use it for the first time install a minimum of 1 each of the following detectors: 1each propane gas detector, 1each carbon monixide detector, 1 each smoke detector.

I have 2 Carbon Monxide detectors.

When connecting up the propane gas line, be sure to use the blueish / purpleish gas line sealant. Ask for it at Lowes and/or Home Depot. It is in a plastic bottle that has a brush inside and you dab it on the threads and it gets hard and seals tight. Before you do that, you use a Gas Line teflon tape that is made special for gas lines and it comes in a yellow round holder with a yellow color teflon tape inside and it looks something like the white holder/tape for water pipes.
Darwin Maring is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
propane