Gasket Material - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2020, 05:29 PM   #1

Name: Art
Trailer: Casita
Pennsylvania
Gasket Material

I have a 2019 Casita SD Deluxe with a wet compartment near the water tank. I don't know if the door is leaking or the tank is sweating. In lue of a hose water test since we're in the middle of winter, I was wondering if anybody knew of a good source for double thick gasket material that I could try to stuff in there around the door just to try to get through the winter until I can explore this more thoroughly. I am going with the assumption that it's the door that's leaking.

Art
ae6black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 08:19 PM   #2

Name: Shelby
Trailer: Casita SD
Tennessee
Maybe just duct tape some poly sheeting over the door? You could isolate the source of the moisture and make a permanent repair, if needed, when the weather improves.
ShelbyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 11:13 PM   #3

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Registry
I just use this one sided adhesive weatherstripping that comes in rolls, and available just about anywhere. Stuff it into the outer channels of the compartment doors.
https://www.amazon.com/M-D-Building-...97726&sr=8-188
Attached Thumbnails
New Electrical Hatch1.JPG  
Casita Greg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 02:09 PM   #4

Name: Art
Trailer: Casita
Pennsylvania
did it stop your leak? I've got people suggesting that it may be the upper refrigerator vent and not the door. I need a hose check.
ae6black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 04:53 PM   #5

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ae6black View Post
did it stop your leak? I've got people suggesting that it may be the upper refrigerator vent and not the door. I need a hose check.
Well, two things here...
First, it never has leaked because I installed the weatherstripping when I installed the hatch. BTW, this is the hatch I installed which replaced that little shore power cord hatch that was all but useless IMO,
And second, this hatch is on the driver's side. The fridge is on the other side of the trailer.

And yes, I would say that it is very possible that your leak could be water intrusion via the upper fridge vent. Since the place where the upper fridge vents on Casitas are installed, the upper half of the trailer shell above the "belly band" slopes in such a manner that rain, or washing the trailer, can allow water to come in.
Casita Greg is online now   Reply With Quote