Gauges for propane tanks. - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2017, 01:04 PM   #21

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Well there is a actual liquid level indicator available on some tanks.
I bought mine from Sam's club but they no longer have them but the local U-Haul has them.
And again they work off the liquid level in the tank.
Mine were $29.99 at Sams and I believe that's what they cost at U-Haul.
https://www.uhaul.com/MovingSupplies...Gauge?id=13318

Joe
Joe Romas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 01:10 PM   #22

Name: Doug
Trailer: Escape
California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellen95616 View Post
The LCD strip seems like a simple, inexpensive solution, but how does pouring hot water over the strip tell you the amount of propane left in the tank? Thanks.

I don't use an LCD strip. I use my fingers to feel the temperature of the tank. A few seconds after the hot water it is very accurate measure of the level.
DougOlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 02:15 PM   #23

Name: Bruce
Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
New Hampshire
Propane Tank Gauges

I installed a pair of LPG Tank Check sensors. They are magnetically attached to the bottom of each tank. Very simple. They communicate via Bluetooth to your smartphone with a free app. Open the app and it tells you what % is left in each tank. On sale at Camping World for $67. Catalog Item # 90405 is the 2-pack. After 4,000 miles they are still working fine.
BruceW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 03:17 PM   #24

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceW View Post
I installed a pair of LPG Tank Check sensors. They are magnetically attached to the bottom of each tank. Very simple. They communicate via Bluetooth to your smartphone with a free app. Open the app and it tells you what % is left in each tank. On sale at Camping World for $67. Catalog Item # 90405 is the 2-pack. After 4,000 miles they are still working fine.
Shessh... I spent $6.13 for an LCD strip. I can buy a lot of strips for $67.00. Besides that I've camped enough to have a pretty good idea when my single tank is getting low.
Old 08-12-2017, 04:12 PM   #25

Name: Bruce
Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
New Hampshire
Propane Tank Gauges

I understand. Not sayings it's for everyone. This is for two tanks which are hidden under a cover that is not all that easy to remove. I'm currently sitting on my deck on the opposite side of the house 50' away and I just checked and have 59% in tank 1 and 100% in tank 2. For me that's worth it.
BruceW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 04:49 PM   #26

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom Rowland View Post
I have 2 tanks with the float gauge. They help give me a heads up when the tank gets low but there is still a lot of propane left when the gauge reads empty.
On mine it is about a quarter tank left when it reads empty. If that ever gets annoying you can simply remove the gauge and adjust it, but since so many places sell by the gallon nowadays, I kinda like the "reserve".
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
propane