Getting at Trillium Plumbing - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2008, 01:03 AM   #1

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
I have grown tired of searching. Can anyone instruct me to instructions about getting under the sink area? The entire thing seems hermetically sealed. In particular, I need to replace the domestic water tap aside from checking all other fittings.

thanks
Paul McEwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 12:16 PM   #2

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
YIKES!!!
Thats an awful thing to have to do (ben dare, dun dat LOL) Our furnace is below (and slightly to the left) the sink, removal of it IS one option. Another one is to remove parts from outside (not a good option). The sink seems to be held in from underneath by a couple (or at least 3) screw type clamps similar to some used in NON r/v usage. Only problem with taking out the sink like this is that one (or more) of these clamps COULD snap off due to age. Another concern we found was at least one clamp is almost impossible (for ME anyway) to reach. In changing off our city water facet, I ended up removing the stovetop!!! Its relatively easy to do but you MUST be sure your propane is shut off before disconnecting the gas line.

This method was the easiest to access the tap but having ham-hocks like mine for hands didn't make matters any easier.

GOOD LUCK!!!
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 01:24 PM   #3

Trailer: 1976 13 ft Trillium
Double YIKES!

I too had to change the tap on my Trillium. The previous owner had the new tap but had not actually installed it - having blown out the water entry port on the side. So with a new water entry installed (a job and a half trying to come up with something that would fit behind the door of the port and NOT leak) I attempted to install the tap into it's original location.

Obviously the initial install was done without the fridge and furnace in place. After inspection (and questions to this forum) I rejected removing said appliances. Upon further inspection, like Doug, I found if I "lifted" the burner assembly (remove cover grill and then a few screws) I could wiggle my right arm into place - holding the SS nut and lock washer between outstretched fingers and feel for the bolt. After dropping the nut/washer a few times I was finally able to get both of them in place. (I was fortunately alone during this trial;nobody heard what I had to say about the event, nor saw the bits of skin I left behind.)

I didn't actually remove the stove top, just lifted it very gently trying not to strain the copper tubing or fittings. My hand and arm would "just" fit, sorta - no permanent scars.

I never did get a good look at the rest of the plumbing bits down there, so if my sink flies out or the drain hose pops off, I guess I'll find out when it happens.

All the best in your quest!
David Swinnard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 02:07 PM   #4

Trailer: 1974 Trillium 13 ft
Removing the fridge is what I ended up doing (it happened to need fixing as well). It's not as bad as it sounds, and gives you an opportunity to have it serviced.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/index.ph...st&id=15482
Old 07-31-2008, 01:58 AM   #5

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Ha! crazy.

Might be an idea to cut out a service entrance near this area that can be covered nicely. I think I'll take out the furnace. That huge thing can be replaced with something smaller I'm sure. I've seen some have done that and installed a small drawer or something similar.

Thanks.
Paul McEwan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium