getting saggy ensolite stuck back on! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2011, 06:21 PM   #1

Trailer: 73 Boler 13 ft
getting saggy ensolite stuck back on!

Our Boler 1700 is almost fully done inside. I love it. The last job is to get those few areas on insulation stuck back to the fibreglass. There are areas of perhaps 6-12 inches square, mostly on the ceiling, that just don't adhere to the fibreglass above. I've tried injecting glues with needles and syringes, but the glues are just too thick. I'm wondering what solutions other folks have come up with. Thanks!
Peggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:54 PM   #2

Name: Greg
Trailer: 1977 17' Boler
Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy View Post
Our Boler 1700 is almost fully done inside. I love it. The last job is to get those few areas on insulation stuck back to the fibreglass. There are areas of perhaps 6-12 inches square, mostly on the ceiling, that just don't adhere to the fibreglass above. I've tried injecting glues with needles and syringes, but the glues are just too thick. I'm wondering what solutions other folks have come up with. Thanks!
Hi Peggy,

Had the same problem back a few years ago. I used a 3m spray adhesive called 3m Hi-Strength 90 Spray Adhesive.. I went to the local uphostery shop and said that I was tacking up foam to fiberglass in my trailer. They knew what I meant. They said you had to be carefull what a person used because some adhesives will melt the foam into globs and then you got a mess. This is what they use and have no problems. Minw turned out fine.

Boler77 Greg
Boler77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:34 PM   #3

Trailer: 73 Boler 13 ft
Oh, thanks Greg. Sure don't want to melt the foam! How did you actually get the adhesive in the space, when the ensolite is intact. Mine is not torn at all, just saggy. Thanks!
Peggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:04 AM   #4

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
I slit my ensolite and used PL Premium adhesive. I squirted it on and spread it around, stuck the ensolite back up and braced it in place with a padded 2x4 till the glue was set up. I then caulked the slit.

The problem is the foam shrinks so it has to be held into place until the adhesive does it's job.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:17 PM   #5

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
I found that sometimes the key to getting the 3M spray to work is to spray it then let it sit for a min or two before sticking it back together.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:39 AM   #6

Name: Greg
Trailer: 1977 17' Boler
Saskatchewan
Spray and wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
I found that sometimes the key to getting the 3M spray to work is to spray it then let it sit for a min or two before sticking it back together.

Hi Carol and all,

You are absolutely right abot spray and wait. I guess I could of mentioned that on the previous thread.

I made a little slit and sprayed the foam and the roof, waited and thenstuck it in place , much like contact cement. I was going to paint with melamine paint. Melamine paint does not dry stiff and crack like other paints, and stays soft and pliable.

Greg Boler77
Boler77 is offline   Reply With Quote