GFCI resets for an Escape21 - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-09-2020, 02:58 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Name: Andy
Trailer: Escape
New York
Posts: 29
GFCI resets for an Escape21

Where are the GFCI resets on a 2015 Escape 21? A resistance heater I was using tripped the GFCIs at the sink and adjacent to the microwave.

Also, are there any non GFCI protected outlets in the trailer?
AndyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 03:22 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Posts: 25,345
There are two standard GFCI plugs. One is right under the kitchen counter. The other is outside on the passenger side between the axles and the rear of the trailer.
__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 04:46 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Jon Vermilye's Avatar
 
Trailer: Escape 17 ft Plan B
Posts: 2,182
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
There are two standard GFCI plugs. One is right under the kitchen counter. The other is outside on the passenger side between the axles and the rear of the trailer.
And with the newer trailers, at least my 2017 21, the output of the outside GFCI is used to power the under sink receptacle, requiring you to go outside to reset it.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 09:11 PM   #4
Member
 
Name: Dave
Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
New Jersey
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyF View Post
Also, are there any non GFCI protected outlets in the trailer?
Yes, all the other outlets that didnít stop working when the GFI tripped.
Seriously though there should be a few outlets that are not GFI protected...at least there are on the trailers Iíve seen.
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 09:57 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Name: Andy
Trailer: Escape
New York
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Yes, all the other outlets that didnít stop working when the GFI tripped.
Seriously though there should be a few outlets that are not GFI protected...at least there are on the trailers Iíve seen.
Well, Iíve tripped two so far, so I must have two GFCIs to reset.
AndyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 10:23 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escapeó 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Posts: 4,500
A GFCI is not an overcurrent device , it is designed to protect human life not equipment.
Our escape 21 has an exterior GFCI receptacle that also provides GFCI protection for the kitchen counter receptacle
If my memory is correct your Escape has 2 - 15 amp 120 V receptacle circuits
If you lost power to all the 120 VAC receptacles in your trailer ,I doubt your problem is a tripped GFCI
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 01:50 AM   #7
Member
 
Name: Dave
Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
New Jersey
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
A GFCI is not an overcurrent device , it is designed to protect human life not equipment.
Our escape 21 has an exterior GFCI receptacle that also provides GFCI protection for the kitchen counter receptacle
If my memory is correct your Escape has 2 - 15 amp 120 V receptacle circuits
If you lost power to all the 120 VAC receptacles in your trailer ,I doubt your problem is a tripped GFCI
Thanks Steve. Thinking the same. Also if the OP has the inverter with all outlet option they could have a breaker tripped in the remote mounted sub-panel (typically two 15A breakers) and not in the traditional WFCO power center breaker line up.
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
escape


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale: 2016 Escape Escape21 Classic 5wilson NEW Fiberglass RV Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Trade 4 10-15-2019 08:46 AM
Does anyone have a GFCI outlet at the Kitchen Sink? Jeff T Electrical | Charging, Systems, Solar and Generators 39 03-20-2018 01:34 PM
Need Help with Outside GFCI Recepticle Kevin A Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 4 06-09-2009 09:23 PM
Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters-GFCI Pete Dumbleton Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 0 04-13-2008 03:43 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.