hail damage on windows - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2020, 01:57 AM   #1

Name: allie
Trailer: bigfoot, oxygen
Alberta
hail damage on windows

so i came home to some hail damage to all the trillium windows, what do i do? how do i replace these? do i need to get all new windows or is there some way i can repair these?
Attached Thumbnails
trill_windows.jpg  
snowstorm777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 05:27 AM   #2
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowstorm777 View Post
so i came home to some hail damage to all the trillium windows, what do i do? how do i replace these? do i need to get all new windows or is there some way i can repair these?
Looks like it took out your tail lights also. The widows can be repaired but those tail lights will be harder to come by.
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 10:37 AM   #3

Name: Bob
Trailer: Boler 1300
British Columbia
Registry
Hi Allie,

I just finished replacing some glass in the jalousie on my boler and I think they're pretty much the same as yours. It was pretty straightforward. The frames remove easily from the window and can be unscrewed and taken apart. If the window seals in the frame are still good you can just replace the glass with similar thickness pieces cut to size from any local glass shop. I replaced mine with tempered glass. If you need or want to replace the seals I got mine from vintagetrailergaskets.com . Robert there was a great help and shipping to Canada was reasonable. Looks like you folks had quite the storm over there!!

Bob
bobdobqb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 02:22 AM   #4

Name: Natalie
Trailer: ford
mexico
That's easy, don't worry. You just preprare: Pair of gloves, Screwdriver, Tape measure, Windowpane for replacement, Assistant/helper and follow the information in here: https://www.vogeltalksrving.com/how-...-window-glass/
I saw that this information quites easy to understand.
Natalie21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
windows