Hand Pump Water Fixture - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2007, 11:19 PM   #1

Trailer: 2007 Trillium Outback / 2007 Toyota Tacoma
I am considering a change of our hand pump. It is a J&C DS3700 and find it more than a little whimpy. Pump like mad, clench your teeth, think nice thoughts and you might get enough water.

Have any of you folks used the Leisure Components 131-1 pump. It is a three way device, hand pump, city water or activate a pump via a switch in the fixture. Good sized handle that would allow some serious pumping. They are available locally.

Any others that you have been happy with ?

Thanks........Brian T
Brian T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 05:36 AM   #2

Trailer: 17 ft 1986 Burro
Thta's the one that came on my Burro. The rubber diaphram was split ( from age or freezing I don't know) but I was able to get the rebuild kit for 20 bucks and all works well now.

Actually once the prime is made about 4 or 5 pumps, water is always there on the first pump. If that's not the case then maybe you have a leak in the line or the diaphram.
Sometime holding your thumb over the spout while you pump will help you get better suction to prime it.
City water is obtained by just pressing down on the handle.
pjanits is offline   Reply With Quote