Handles on my Trillium - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2014, 05:32 AM   #1

Name: Janice & Rick
Trailer: Trillium 1300
Nova Scotia
Registry
Handles on my Trillium

And these are not love handles. Nothing nice about them. The previous owner(s) had these on for a purpose and I respect that - however, I would love to remove them but wonder if I will cause grief if I do.

One handle is on the window. Apparently she used to stand on the back bumper helping him guide the Trillium into a campsite.

Two handles are on the band - I was told they used these to attach poles and create a shady spot at the back of the trailer.

Will I cause more problems removing these fixtures?

Thanking you in advance . . . . Janice
Attached Thumbnails
trillium back window.jpg   trillium back band with attachments.jpg  

JRTrillium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 06:47 AM   #2
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
I assume the fixtures are screwed in. If so, I would remove them. You could fill the holes with the screws alone. A dab of caulk on the threads should keep them in place and water tight. Another possibility is to fill the holes with an epoxy such as J-B weld. In either case I would temporarily remove the vinyl insert on the belly band.

It's a shame the previous owner didn't include a picture of "mother" hanging on the back of the trailer directing. Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 06:51 AM   #3

Name: Janice & Rick
Trailer: Trillium 1300
Nova Scotia
Registry
Too funny, P.Raz!! I have an image of that in my mind and it makes me chuckle. I've yet to see someone helping direct a trailer in to a site to this day.

Thank you for your advice.

JRTrillium is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium