Hanging stuff on rat fur - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2021, 11:16 AM   #1

Name: Beth
Trailer: Scamp
North Carolina
Hanging stuff on rat fur

My new Scamp arrives next month! What have everyone found is the best way to hang/mount light-weight things on the rat fur? I've heard drapery hooks. Any other ideas? TIA Beth
BLaughlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 12:18 PM   #2

Name: Wayne
Trailer: Scamp 19
Washington
I use velcro ( the hook side will stick to rat fur) for light objects. For heavier items cubicle hooks work well. They are similar to the drapery hooks.
Wayne
Wayne53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 01:14 PM   #3

Name: Kenneth
Wisconsin
Registry
Not a good idea.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLaughlin View Post
My new Scamp arrives next month! What have everyone found is the best way to hang/mount light-weight things on the rat fur? I've heard drapery hooks. Any other ideas? TIA Beth
.......It can pull the covering off the wall. But I do it anyway. The velco hook mounted signs have been on for about 5000 hard miles. I have also noted MINOR damage when removing the velcro.
Attached Thumbnails
Door signs.jpg  
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 11:03 AM   #4

Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
I’ve used Velcro to attach flush drapes over the windows. It works very well. Never tried hanging anything else though.
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 11:13 AM   #5

Name: Elizabeth
Trailer: 2011 - Scamp 16
Texas
Rat Fur

I also use velcro (industrial strength) it works very well. In the bathroom, I made a toilet paper holder using a plastic clear container. I placed it on the ceiling...it is kind of funny but very useful and out of the way. Here is a picture. I can make you one as a trailer warming gift if you would like
I added a kleenex box by the dinnete wall. I discovered that for the fiberglass wall areas the command water proof (designed for showers) hooks work wonders.
I am so happy for your new trailer, congratulations!
Attached Thumbnails
toiletpaperholder.jpg   commandhook.jpg  

kleenex.jpg  
estackhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 12:43 PM   #6

Name: Jann
Trailer: Casita
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLaughlin View Post
Not sure what the rat fur is like in a Scamp but in our Casita it is like a carpet. I use drapery hooks. Make sure they have a sharp end on them. Some don't. If I hang anything real fragile I remove them from the hook before traveling and lay them on the bed with something like a pillow in front of them to prevent them from sliding off. We leave the hook on the wall. Depending on the velcro it could shake loose. We did put velcro looped around a wire TP holder that sits on the floor behoind the toilet that holds 4 rolls of paper and stuck it to the wall so it won't slide around. Good storage, keeps it handy and uses useless space. It does have a wire to hold the paper for use though. Only thing is if you shower then you have to take out the paper. We've had some industrial strength come loose so I don't hang with it, especially if it is on the carpet. Congratulations on the new trailer.
Jann Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 08:29 PM   #7

Name: Kenneth
Wisconsin
Registry
Scamp rat fur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jann Todd View Post
Not sure what the rat fur is like in a Scamp but in our Casita it is like a carpet..
I thought I posted this in this thread also but I must have missed it.
Here is what the wall is made of and what the fur looks like.
Attached Thumbnails
wall2.jpg  
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote