Hardware for lifting Hunter Jr pop-up - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2022, 06:40 PM   #1

Name: Lorraine
Trailer: Hunter Jr.
CA
Hardware for lifting Hunter Jr pop-up

Our 'new' Hunter Jr. has the most awkward mechanism for lifting and holding up the pop-up. I rest it on my head and then try to get the 2 metal bar with holes to line up with a hole on the top and then stick a pin into the three holes. There MUST be a better way? Please help!

Thanks,
Lorraine C.
LorraineC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 12:21 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Hunter Jr .

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorraineC View Post
Our 'new' Hunter Jr. has the most awkward mechanism for lifting and holding up the pop-up. I rest it on my head and then try to get the 2 metal bar with holes to line up with a hole on the top and then stick a pin into the three holes. There MUST be a better way? Please help!

Thanks,
Lorraine C.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Lorraine : I have a Compact Jr with the full length pop top. It is heavy and hard to lift especially if you are not tall or strong. I have found that a small plastic step stool inside may give you enough height to help lift it. Or lift one end at a time and use a pre cut narrow piece of plywood to hold one end while you lift the other end. ( not a wood to the floor , but small, from the roof to the pop top itself ) Mine stays up by itself, the pin holes are only for securing it better. But DO NOT hold it with your head ! Doing that made my neck hurt for a long time and I have heard horror stories of people who suffered real neck damage. Not worth it ! Best to have two people even if it means asking for help from a neighboring camper. Others may have better suggestions. And your spring mechanism may be worn out : it should assist in the lifting ! David in Fresno and Sonora
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 01:21 PM   #3

Name: Lorraine
Trailer: Hunter Jr.
CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidG View Post
--------------------------------------------------------------

Lorraine : I have a Compact Jr with the full length pop top. It is heavy and hard to lift especially if you are not tall or strong. I have found that a small plastic step stool inside may give you enough height to help lift it. Or lift one end at a time and use a pre cut narrow piece of plywood to hold one end while you lift the other end. ( not a wood to the floor , but small, from the roof to the pop top itself ) Mine stays up by itself, the pin holes are only for securing it better. But DO NOT hold it with your head ! Doing that made my neck hurt for a long time and I have heard horror stories of people who suffered real neck damage. Not worth it ! Best to have two people even if it means asking for help from a neighboring camper. Others may have better suggestions. And your spring mechanism may be worn out : it should assist in the lifting ! David in Fresno and Sonora
Thank you, I will take your health cautions seriously. No more using my head, neck. Unfortunately, the original mechanism has been removed. I am hoping to figure out how to replace the weird bracket things with something with springs. If you get a chance, could you take a picture of your mechanism?
LorraineC is offline   Reply With Quote