Has Anyone Changed The Front Crank Stand to One With a Wheel?? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2007, 11:13 PM   #21

Trailer: 74 13 ft Boler and 79 17 ft Boler
Hi Gerry, a trailer dolly is about the best thing to use to hand move a 13' trailer at a campsite that is grassed....but, it`s not practical to keep the dolly handy....and also the electric wheeled dollies are somewhat heavy....I also found that a small caster wheel is almost useless.....on grass I only use my truck to park or move either trailer...saves my back and other muscles,LOL ....Benny
Benny K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 12:55 PM   #22

Trailer: 1972 13 ft Boler
I too found the wheel too small to be of much use on anything but level concrete.
I bought a dolly and find it great at home on the driveway and in campgrounds on dirt,gravel or whatever.It fits on the boler floor just fine...
They're on sale at Costco for about $15.00 !!That's less than I paid at Menards in the States !!
Andy H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 04:05 AM   #23

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
I'll have to remember to pack that dolly into the second or third trailer tuck flat-bed, of the convoy, of needed things for camping, on next camping trip. ha ha ha
But seriouly I installed one of these folding side jacks onto my utility trailer 4 years ago and in my opinion it is too weak, where the thing is made to swivel, to be moving around so much weight on a wheel.
Also where it can only be installed on side of frame not middle, on my utility trailer (never loaded over 800 lbs. it has quite a lean to it. (any one else had this problem yet?)
I would not recommend it.
Gerry the canoebuilder
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 04:29 PM   #24
Con

Trailer: 1977 Boler 1300
I have had no problems with that type yet. Three things I did tough:
1- Replaced the 4 SS bolts with ones slightly shorter (3/8"x2 1/2") then the ones supplied as they are designed for a thicker frame. Being shorter gave me much move purchase. The threads don't run far enough on the ones supplied.
2- I moved the brackets high enough so the bottom bolts where tight up the the bottom side of the frame. That helps to stop it from leaning.
3- I cut and glued some rubber strips to both faces of the plates to go against the frame, made from a inner tube. If you leave it metal to metal it will move.

I moved the trailer around on the grass in our back yard a number of times before I moved it into our garage. Moved easy with no problem.
Con is offline   Reply With Quote