Have Casita, need land to park and stay for winter - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2008, 09:57 AM   #1

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe 2006
Unhappy

Anyone out there have any ideas where there might be a bit of land to park my rig for the winter....prefer to stay in the Albany/Corvallis OR area if possible, to look for a permanent home to purchase, but I am flexible. Two dogs, one being trained as service dog....Looking for a safe, quiet space to park a tiny travel trailer for the winter, some shelter desired, hookups a plus, living lightly on the land and need the "land"; will pay rent or purchase if it's the place I am looking for...

My contributions: I can build with earth and straw and help grow great gardens!!!

Many thanks. DAWN from the SW moving to greener pastures I hope!
Attached Thumbnails
casita_small.jpg  
Attached Images

J. Joyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 10:23 AM   #2

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
Dawn,
Some mobile home parks have RV spots which would probably be vacant during the winter months. Some parks have a rather "seedy" reputation but most are well kept. I'd check with the local police department first, then choose based on their recommendations. They might even know of any individuals with room for your rig.

Other possibilities might be discovered by checking with the churches in the area.

Checking with real estate offices might give you a lead on a property which a previous owner had set up for an RV but has been sold to someone who is not using the spot.

Another idea just occurred to me. If you were so inclined, with the 2 dogs you might provide "security" at a construction site. Usually you would be parked behind a chain-link fence with an outhouse, water and electricity. A cell phone for communication would be a plus.

Wishing you success,
Kurt & Ann K.
Kurt & Ann K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 10:39 AM   #3

Trailer: 1960 28 ft Airstream
Quote:
Anyone out there have any ideas where there might be a bit of land to park my rig for the winter....prefer to stay in the Albany/Corvallis OR area if possible, to look for a permanent home to purchase, but I am flexible. Two dogs, one being trained as service dog....Looking for a safe, quiet space to park a tiny travel trailer for the winter, some shelter desired, hookups a plus, living lightly on the land and need the "land"; will pay rent or purchase if it's the place I am looking for...

My contributions: I can build with earth and straw and help grow great gardens!!!

Many thanks. DAWN from the SW moving to greener pastures I hope!
Are you hooked on Oregon...Or interested in other options? I have property in Wyoming with a trailer site, would possibly be interested in selling. 10 acres, old house that needs renovating, two wells, septic...
Pamela H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita