Help figuring out source of TV channel scan failure - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-12-2018, 05:14 PM   #1

Name: Barbara
Trailer: Casita
Florida
Help figuring out source of TV channel scan failure

My 2017 Casita Spirit Deluxe has a GPX TDE2282 TV and Braund Antenna. I have not been successful in getting channels "found" after auto scan for antenna, not using cable tv service. This is in open areas as well as shady; I get that trees can cause problems. I tried talking to GPX customer support but they would only speak to the tv functionality which seems to be working properly.
The attached picture was from scan in progress run today in Emporia VA; the final count of RF CH was 69 with no channels found.
When I picked up the Casita last September in Rice TX, I stayed in a RV park in a nearby town and was able to get channels with the antenna. After that I also successfully used the cable setting at several parks but since then, no air channels are found.
Suggestions anyone?Click image for larger version

Name:	20180512_191405.jpeg
Views:	18
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	119073
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 06:01 PM   #2

Name: Jack
Trailer: 2015 Casita 17FD
Rapides Parish La.
...errrr, keep looking...but seriously, these over air stations do not have much range...we have a cheapie flat plastic ant with amp...in Houston area, we had 75 channels, in even semi rural area, we are lucky to get 2...one of which is usually religious and one in Spanish...go figure and goodluck...next time you are in or near a metro area, try again and see what ya get.......
madjack

p.s. be sure and check that all ant/amp connections are tight..........mj
madjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 06:32 PM   #3

Name: Ed
Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe,The driveway is a Dark & Lonely Place now!
Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraB View Post
My 2017 Casita Spirit Deluxe has a GPX TDE2282 TV and Braund Antenna. I have not been successful in getting channels "found" after auto scan for antenna, not using cable tv service. This is in open areas as well as shady; I get that trees can cause problems. I tried talking to GPX customer support but they would only speak to the tv functionality which seems to be working properly.
The attached picture was from scan in progress run today in Emporia VA; the final count of RF CH was 69 with no channels found.
When I picked up the Casita last September in Rice TX, I stayed in a RV park in a nearby town and was able to get channels with the antenna. After that I also successfully used the cable setting at several parks but since then, no air channels are found.
Suggestions anyone?Attachment 119073
I don't know how you switch the TV from tuning Cable from the outside connection to the Antenna but it sounds like you are not switching it at all?

So if yo did tune some cable channels in the past this switch must have been set to Cable at that time and needs to select Antenna now,make sense?

There should be a switch somewhere to select either the Cable input or Antenna input,do you know where this happens?
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 10:39 AM   #4

Name: Dave (and/or John)
Trailer: Scamp 16 SD std layout 6
Georgia
Registry
In addition to the above suggestions, on our TVs when we go to the menu and search for stations, we also have to select "cable" vs "air" for the search.
We use a home made folded dipole antenna that needs to be turned to face the direction of the broadcast in fringe areas, otherwise we get nothing. If your antenna is built-in, you may have to rotate the Casita to rotate the antenna.
radar1-scamping.blogspot.com
Radar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 10:53 AM   #5

Name: Ed
Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe,The driveway is a Dark & Lonely Place now!
Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar1 View Post
In addition to the above suggestions, on our TVs when we go to the menu and search for stations, we also have to select "cable" vs "air" for the search.
We use a home made folded dipole antenna that needs to be turned to face the direction of the broadcast in fringe areas, otherwise we get nothing. If your antenna is built-in, you may have to rotate the Casita to rotate the antenna.
True about the Cable/Air menu switch but the comment that she scanned 69 channels tells me that the TV is already scanning OTA signals,Cable scans will look for 125 channels usually.
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 01:17 PM   #6

Name: To Infinity & Beyond!
Trailer: 1985 Uhaul VT-16 Vacationer, 1974 Hunter Compact II & 1977 Argosy 6.0 Minuet
Tennessee
We're Campin!

Who needs a TV anyway?

Remember "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts"!
vintageracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 06:03 PM   #7

Name: Jann
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraB View Post
Suggestions anyone?Attachment 119073
Do you have the additional scan set to on. When we scan and move to another location we have to rescan and make sure that we set the additional scan on. We didn't know that at first.
Jann Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 03:25 AM   #8

Name: K C
Trailer: 1971 Trailswest Campster
Washington
You might try reinstalling the software or perhaps you need a firmware update for the TV or receiver.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 03:36 PM   #9

Name: Barbara
Florida
Thanks for all the feedback!
On last Sunday night I was staying in the Harrisburg PA area and voila, the scan for channels using the antenna yielded results. The prior lack of channels found were probably due to being too far from signal sources or the direction of the antenna which is fixed.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote