Help me!!! (evaporative systems) pla-cooler - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-06-2008, 08:20 AM   #1

Trailer: Westfalia 1975
I have a 75 westy US version. I have question regarding for pop up evaporative systems.
This product does not work so I takedown this equipment. On the top of the Air fresh systems it writes;
GREAT PLAINS INDUSTRIES INC.
MODEL NUMBER: 500
SERIAL: 28983
I searched the internet sites. But I didn’t see any inform.

Do you have any information?
Can you help me?
Where is the provide this equipment?

picture link;
http://picasaweb.google.com.tr/gokhan.ozma...oolerTamirAlMas
gökhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 08:36 AM   #2

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Well, we are turning into International delight. Welcome.

We deal with Fiberglass Trailers, and most are made in the US and Canada....thus they have appliances made in these countries. I am not sure what your "US version entails, maybe someone has seen one.... but...

I am doubting that anyone here has experience with your specific unit.

Good luck.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 01:15 PM   #3

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1982 16 ft
Registry
Gohkan;

The Placooler made by Great Plains Industries (defunct) is an evapourative cooler. Common name is a "swamp cooler". Try an internet search with that name.

They are only really effective when the air is very dry, since it removes heat from the air by evaourating water. If the air is very humid, watewr cannot be evapourated, and no cooling is accomplished.

Victor
Victor Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 06:01 PM   #4

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
Air is plenty dry away from cities in Turkey! Swamp cooler should be great there.
Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 02:18 PM   #5

Trailer: 17 ft 1986 Burro
Gohkann,

Great plains has a web site, they no longer seem to make the cooler BUT maybe if you contact them they could tell you who they sold that product to, or if you ask for the oldest employee they have maybe you can get some good info.
By the way that's some really nice rebuilding work you did.
Evaporative coolers are just a fan blowing over a small waterfall. I am pretty sure after seeing your work so far you will be able to fashion something that will do the job.

Good luck to you, and let us know how it all works out.

P.S. We all love pictures.
pjanits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 03:59 PM   #6

Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
Sorry I can't help but I wanted to tell you this. I lived in your wonderful country for 2 years in Izmir and loved every minute of it. A Turk friend of mine that ownes a camping equipment company (Factory) took my Coleman camp stove apart to back engineer it so if you see knock off cook stoves, you know where they came fron.

Good luck in finding your part.
Darwin Maring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 11:05 PM   #7

Trailer: 1971 Astro (ie. Campster/Hunter I)
Send a message via MSN to Harry Young Send a message via Yahoo to Harry Young
http://www.turbokool.com/ this link leads to the present company who your company I think evolved into as the present survivors/producers of this technology...the principles of operation in their designs are the same as yours...they are using a spinning cone to draw up water, creating a mist of that water via centrifugal force to be eventually blown into the cooled space via an air draft from a common fan at the end of a common motor shaft attached to the cone....by the way... Welcome

Harry

Quote:
I have a 75 westy US version. I have question regarding for pop up evaporative systems.
This product does not work so I takedown this equipment. On the top of the Air fresh systems it writes;
I searched the internet sites. But I didn't see any inform.

Can you help me?

picture link;
Harry Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 11:18 PM   #8

Trailer: 1971 Astro (ie. Campster/Hunter I)
Send a message via MSN to Harry Young Send a message via Yahoo to Harry Young
I have looked closer at the pics you have on your link...I saw this model running around in Arizona 20 or 25 years ago...the pump was used on the spining disk...I remember I think that the link I gave you earlier is still the people who started it and who became the present day company your looking for, there was a war over the patent rights on the idea of the spining disc if my memory serves me...since these were always plastic shells they deteriorated quickly in the Arizona sun ergo few survivors after a few years...it was before uv stabalized plastics... I am surprised yours is not dust.

Harry

Quote:
I searched the internet sites. But I didn't see any inform.

Can you help me?

picture link;
Harry Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 03:24 AM   #9

Trailer: Westfalia 1975
Quote:
I have looked closer at the pics you have on your link...I saw this model running around in Arizona 20 or 25 years ago...the pump was used on the spining disk...I remember I think that the link I gave you earlier is still the people who started it and who became the present day company your looking for, there was a war over the patent rights on the idea of the spining disc if my memory serves me...since these were always plastic shells they deteriorated quickly in the Arizona sun ergo few survivors after a few years...it was before uv stabalized plastics... I am surprised yours is not dust.

Harry
Hi Harry,
Thank you for your information.
I reached to the information.I needed from the web site you gave.

Bests Regards.

Gökhan

gökhan is offline   Reply With Quote