Help needed identifying a trailer I found - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2018, 12:35 PM   #21

Name: Scott
Trailer: In the market
Virginia
Compact 2 by hunter...made in California in early 70s

Here’s mine
Attached Thumbnails
FBA13BB5-F312-41BC-85A6-0569B8F811C6.jpg  
sschooling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 01:02 PM   #22

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Humm, doesn't look like any of the 'pop top' trailers I've seen. From the rounded leading edge on the pop top to the wheel wells.... to the windows. Doesn't look like a K-Line to me.... hummm.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...res-40016.html
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 01:47 PM   #23

Name: Brian
Trailer: '73 & '74 Hunter
Oklahoma
Registry
beautifully prepared blank canvas

For the right person, this is a tremendous opportunity. The next owner can make this camper into practically anything they desire.
Brian G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 02:08 PM   #24

Trailer: Miti Lite 1987
The name "Hunter" comes to mind. This from the last century.
Pete, in Tacoma WA
1987 Mity-Lite 11' popup
Peder_y2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 08:11 PM   #25

Trailer: 2002 16 ft Scamp
Looks like simplicity!!! Room to sleep and carry some camping stuff. I like it just like it is.
charliej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 08:21 PM   #26

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Humm, doesn't look like any of the 'pop top' trailers I've seen. From the rounded leading edge on the pop top to the wheel wells.... to the windows. Doesn't look like a K-Line to me.... hummm.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...res-40016.html
It looks a lot like the Travel-Lite, last photo in the first post of the linked thread. Windows are different, but the contouring of the lower shell, open wheel wells, pop-up shape, and lower roof height over the dinette look the same.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 10:09 PM   #27

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Unidentified trailer

I have a trailer just like yours. It's called a Lojo, and it's a knockoff of the Compact Jr. They were made in the late 50's and early 60's. There weren't too many of them made, and it's very hard to find information on them. Mine originally had a small kitchen with a sink, stove, and icebox. It could also be had with a small RV gas refrigerator, and a gas furnace. There was a water tank under the couch on the left side, and an opening for an electrical cord. The black rectangle behind the window is a solar cell, one on each side. Mine had the roof panel destroyed before I got it, so I built a permanent raised roof, with vents. My forward roof has sagged a bit, and there's not a very good way to reinforce it. In the winter, I install a snow stick inside to support the roof during heavy snow loads. It's a great little trailer, and if you buy it, I think you will really enjoy it.
Attached Thumbnails
Lojo trailer.jpg  
Bill & C Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 11:35 PM   #28

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Welcome to FGRV Bill and thanks for the info. Any chance of some more int/exter pics of your TT? You might want to start a new thread because this is a make that is unknown.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 07:12 AM   #29

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Identified! Cool!! Thanks Bill and to FiberglassRV.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 04:33 PM   #30

Name: Ricky
Trailer: Currently shopping
Kansas
Small but mighty

Looks to me like a hunter compact mini or could be the compact jr. Really nice, has potential though, might cost a bit of $$$.
Rdaniel96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 06:05 PM   #31

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
We looked at one similar to this before we found and bought Peanut...it was simplicity...and we tried to keep Peanut simple inside for the same reasons this style is attractive.

Best luck with it!

Kai
Old 06-18-2018, 07:51 PM   #32

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
The LOJO does look as if it is the correct match. Take a close look at the profiles of the mold lines in the upper half of the shell by the door. That does look like an exact match to the mystery trailer.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 10:05 AM   #33

Name: Linda
Trailer: Hunter
California
That is a 1973 or 74 Hunter Compact II , I know because I own one and have lived in mine for 4 years. Too bad that one appears to be gutted but I wouldn’t take much to restore that one and we’ll wort the effort.
Homeofmyown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 10:24 AM   #34

Name: Linda
Trailer: Hunter
California
This is a Hunter Compact II , the Hunter Compact JR. has a pop up that goes almost end to end. Hunter Compact II has dining benches in a u-shape and the Hunter Compact Jr. has benches on either side.
Homeofmyown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 12:51 PM   #35

Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
except, the Hunter COmpact II's I find online, the 'indent' skirt, has a step down behind the wheels, while the above trailer goes straight to the back...
Attached Thumbnails
67ek2[1].jpg  
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 04:04 PM   #36

Name: Kyle
Trailer: Lojo 13' pop top
ID
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill & C Day View Post
I have a trailer just like yours. It's called a Lojo, and it's a knockoff of the Compact Jr. They were made in the late 50's and early 60's. There weren't too many of them made, and it's very hard to find information on them. Mine originally had a small kitchen with a sink, stove, and icebox. It could also be had with a small RV gas refrigerator, and a gas furnace. There was a water tank under the couch on the left side, and an opening for an electrical cord. The black rectangle behind the window is a solar cell, one on each side. Mine had the roof panel destroyed before I got it, so I built a permanent raised roof, with vents. My forward roof has sagged a bit, and there's not a very good way to reinforce it. In the winter, I install a snow stick inside to support the roof during heavy snow loads. It's a great little trailer, and if you buy it, I think you will really enjoy it.
Thank you Bill! This looks to be the exact match.

For the record, I did end up purchasing it, and then life got in the way (As it's known to do). I will be starting a new thread with more pictures as I begin to build it out for our needs this fall.

A big thank you to all who commented and shared thoughts!
WanderingFrontier is offline   Reply With Quote