Help needed -Upper Bunk - 1973 Trillium - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2011, 07:49 PM   #21

Name: Don
Trailer: 1975 BIOD Extase
Alberta
Registry
Thanks Francesca, but I think I'm going to just put the cushion there and not make it a bunk. Thought about it a lot, but at the end of the day, we probably won't use it.
trilliumdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 08:38 PM   #22

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
I took off the top bunk parts, and passed them on to someone on this forum that was restoring. Now I have a great single bed for me (plus a dog) and don't have to touch my table. Luvin it.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 09:09 PM   #23

Trailer: 1975 Trillium 13 ft / 2002 Honda Odyssey
just incase someone reading this might be interested, I am linking to a previous discussion where I had posted a few pictures of the top bunk in a '75 trillium, "sans" cushion to show how it is put together.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...unk-42908.html

Kevin
Kevin Poll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 03:13 PM   #24

Trailer: Trillium Jubilee
Send a message via MSN to Bill Reilly
Trillium Upper Berth

Don

I sent a note some time ago ( I think ) saying that I had a set of Trillium cushions and would send pictures and dimensions.
With apologies for not following up on this, I still have the dimension drawings and some pictures of my cushions.
Further to that, I have just purchased another Trillium Jubilee and it has the entire front berth system intact. I have taken several pictures of it and I can make these available to you as well.
Let me know how if you are still in need of this information.

Bill Reilly
Bill Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 04:55 PM   #25

Name: Don
Trailer: 1975 BIOD Extase
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Reilly View Post
Don

I sent a note some time ago ( I think ) saying that I had a set of Trillium cushions and would send pictures and dimensions.
With apologies for not following up on this, I still have the dimension drawings and some pictures of my cushions.
Further to that, I have just purchased another Trillium Jubilee and it has the entire front berth system intact. I have taken several pictures of it and I can make these available to you as well.
Let me know how if you are still in need of this information.

Bill Reilly
Hi Bill,

Another poster showed the plywood template he used to make the bunk, and since this post, I have ordered all new cushions from Outback Trillium. I think I'm covered for now. Thanks for taking time to reply. I'm sure I'll lean on you for something else down the road; I"m on a learning curve.

Don
trilliumdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 05:33 PM   #26

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert View Post
I'm having just the opposite issue. With three chillin's plus ma & pop, I'm trying to figure out a format/addtion/mod that will sleep the five of us in a 13' rig.. :

A tent for some or all the children. Depending on how old the children, they usually get a kick out sleeping in a tent and they don't have to put up with mom and dad telling them to go to sleep.
Old 07-19-2015, 10:06 AM   #27

Name: Duane
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
New Brunswick
Bert front bunks

Hi Just read your post .
You may want to do what I did in my Trillium and remove the front top bed and make a top hinged drop shelf that sits level with the lower bed surface. I bolted this with strap hinge to the top of wall of the lower front section and used 1/2" plywood for a bed extender. Shelf is about 13" x 44" long ,goes from the fridge to the door. I drilled 3 -3/4" dia holes in the outer edge of the shelf away from the hinge side and made up 3 support posts of wood with 3/4" dowels glued in the top end. These just go in the shelf holes from the bottom and stand on the floor. Note : I used masking tape to make the dowels a snug fit.
I have made a cushion to fit with velcro strips sewn on the bottom and the other half of these stapled to the shelf so they line up. This prevents the cushion from moving when sleeping. The setup gives a 45" wide bed with the space forward of the stove for your feet. no tools are required to set up the shelf, and the cushion is the backrest for seating.
I use throw cushions to fill in the sides of the backrest when sitting as it is only 44" long.
You just remove the posts and cushion and drop the shelf down against the wall of the lower section to convert to seating again.
The only problems are:
1. You can't open the fridge with the bed made.
2.The space to exit the door is about 10" wide with the shelf in the up position.
3. You may have to play footsies with your bed mate.
On the plus side you have 2 45" wide beds and no climbing to get in to bed. Works for me !
getaway1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium