Help removing doorframe - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2022, 08:34 PM   #1

Name: Mark
Trailer: Bigfoot21
British Columbia
Help removing doorframe

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I have a 2001 21' Bigfoot and have discovered leakage and water damage from the awning attachment points. I need to remove the door frame and can't see any flange on the inside, and the outside has a fibreglass moulding around the door with no obvious way to detach it.

Can anyone give me a hint as to the best way to remove this? I'm leery of just ripping it off by force and creating a bigger problem to solve.
Thanks
Mark.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6060.jpg   IMG_6062.jpg  

CaribooMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 08:20 AM   #2

Trailer: 1981 Trillium 5500
the black trim beside the hinges is a screw cover, it should go all the way around the door, pop it out of the track, and you should see the screws. if you damage the cover, it is available from most RV dealers, I just got enough to do 5 trailers because I had to buy a bundle, but it was less than $30.00

joe
Joe MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 12:50 PM   #3

Name: kenny
Trailer: 93 "Lil" Bigfoot 13.5'
Utah
As Joe states remove the black stripping inserted in the aluminum frame. new replaced vinyl stripping can be bought from All-RITE.com

Later Kenny
Kenny Strong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 01:29 PM   #4

Name: kenny
Trailer: 93 "Lil" Bigfoot 13.5'
Utah
It is called 1/2" ridged it comes in cream color not black.
Kenny Strong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 11:07 AM   #5

Name: Phil
Trailer: Bigfoot 17
Wisconsin
Before you damage something.....I had an issue with leaking door frame. In order to gain access, you must remove 3 screws that are buried in the fabric above the entrance door. The screws are inside the camper and screw into a wood structure. This structure holds the exterior "trim" or rim tight to the camper. I can dig for photos if needed. I did a previous post on this.
Rx2fish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vin