Help!! - toilet connection size?? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2017, 06:47 AM   #1

Name: Joe
Trailer: 2013 EggCamper & 2011 Silverado Reg Cab 4x4
Ohio
Help!! - toilet connection size??

Hi! I decided to install a 1/4 turn shut off valve at the toilet but there was not enough room. Only a little more than 3 inches between the toilet valve and the wall. Decided against putting the valve in the closet false floor cause I wont see leaks and the line has a good curve to it.

So I decided my safety net is to carry a plug. I can unscrew the line from the toilet and just screw the male cap into the line - if needed.

I don't want to disconnect for a trial cause the line is only a few inches to the wall then has putty seal. I'd have to disturb this and rather not.

Do you guys know the thread size on the toilet?? What size male plug would fit in this line??

Thanks very much in advance!!!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0557.jpg  
2013 EggCamper #120

Joe's EggCamper Journal
Joe & Cherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:20 AM   #2

Name: Rob
Trailer: Bigfoot
Alberta
Registry
Your toilet valve must be passing, it should be 1/2'' NPT.
1) You may have enough pipe to put the 1/4 turn valve with a 1/2'' short nipple/ teflon tape on the toilet fitting in the vertical position. Or add a braided stainless steel flex to take the pressure off the flush valve.
2) Add the valve to the existing connection then short pipe nipple with a braided 12-14'' braided flex connector 1/2'' then loop it to join the toilet.
The big box hardware stores have all these items. Plenty of Youtube videos if you want to change the flush valve as well..
RB Arthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:01 AM   #3

Name: Joe
Trailer: 2013 EggCamper & 2011 Silverado Reg Cab 4x4
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB Arthur View Post
Your toilet valve must be passing, it should be 1/2'' NPT.
1) You may have enough pipe to put the 1/4 turn valve with a 1/2'' short nipple/ teflon tape on the toilet fitting in the vertical position. Or add a braided stainless steel flex to take the pressure off the flush valve.
2) Add the valve to the existing connection then short pipe nipple with a braided 12-14'' braided flex connector 1/2'' then loop it to join the toilet.
The big box hardware stores have all these items. Plenty of Youtube videos if you want to change the flush valve as well..
Hi Arthur!

Thanks so much for the information!! I don't have a leaking valve currently but I wanted to install the 1/4 turn as a safety precaution. This way we could enjoy our camping outing until we get home without shutting down the full water system.

I think what I will do is buy a 1/2" thread male plug and carry it along. That way if it does ever leak, I can install the plug and keep camping!

Thanks very much for the info - it was very helpful!!

Thanks - Joe
2013 EggCamper #120

Joe's EggCamper Journal
Joe & Cherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:03 AM   #4

Name: Charles
Trailer: Scamp 16
Ohio
Usually says on the supply tube either "toilet" or "faucet" The toilet is 3/4" and the faucet is 1/2". For some reason all the camper toilets that I have changed are 1/2"
Buy both and take back the one that don't fit lol.
cmartin748 is offline   Reply With Quote