Help! Where can I get this Trillium part?? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-20-2008, 09:09 AM   #1

Trailer: Trillium
Hi,

I am rebuilding the overhead cabinets of my Trillium 4500 this winter. The vinyl wallpaper type covering was falling off the old panels so I've made new ones out of 1/8" oak plywood and arborite. The one piece of hardware I can't seem to locate at any of my local hardware stores or even online is this spring loaded aluminum pin which stops the sliding doors of the overhead cabinets from opening while in transit. I can't see how they can be removed and re-used. Does anyone know where to get new or similar replacements?

Phil H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:11 AM   #2

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
dumb question, I know, but have you tried calling Team Trillium?
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 11:54 AM   #3

Trailer: 2000 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe ('Millenium Eggloo')
Hi Phil... that catch looks very similar to the catch on the drop down stoneguard for the front window (either side at the bottom). It looks like it was pressed into the plywood panel from the front side (pull button side) then peened over on the inside, similar to rounding over the inside of a grommet type fitting.

You might be able to cut away the knob from the plywood and then straighten the peened over piece, but that is an awful large "might".

I think if I were faced with this one, I would likely try to fit and glue formica or arborite over the panels that you peeled the vinyl off. This way the catch is still where you want it and working. The only problem I see with this thought is that the hole in the formica to go over the knob of the catch will be slightly larger than the base, but you may be able to fit a rubber grommet (you probably have a few of these in your MG repair parts box) around the shaft of the catch to hide the difference.
Charlie C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 07:42 PM   #4

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi Phil... You might find them or something like them at Lee Valley Tools... cabinet hardware section!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 06:34 AM   #5

Trailer: Trillium
Thank you Gina, Charlie and Alf.

I had actually been into Lee Valley and couldn't find anything similar. I will try emailing team Trillium and see what they say. I have already made new plywood and arborite doors, Charlie, as one of the old ones was had the plywood delaminating one on side and couldn't be re-used. I've completed one end of the trailer with new knobs and all. I'll post a pic as soon as I think about it. I appreciated the mention of the old MG tool box, Charlie, as I was reading through the three responses, I said to myself "Hey, how did he know I still have a bunch of old MG parts laying?" around and then went back and realized who had sent it, lol. Sorry to say though, nothing in the trailer is Gumby green!
Phil H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 06:45 AM   #6

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Thank you Gina, Charlie and Alf.

I had actually been into Lee Valley and couldn't find anything similar. I will try emailing team Trillium and see what they say. I have already made new plywood and arborite doors, Charlie, as one of the old ones was had the plywood delaminating one on side and couldn't be re-used. I've completed one end of the trailer with new knobs and all. I'll post a pic as soon as I think about it. I appreciated the mention of the old MG tool box, Charlie, as I was reading through the three responses, I said to myself "Hey, how did he know I still have a bunch of old MG parts laying?" around and then went back and realized who had sent it, lol. Sorry to say though, nothing in the trailer is Gumby green!
Hi: Phil... Vintage Trailer Supply has the type of pinch catches that were used on our '77 Boler cabinet doors. Maybe you could email them a pic. as they are quite willing to help us in our restoration work!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 08:42 PM   #7

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Quote:
Hi,

I am rebuilding the overhead cabinets of my Trillium 4500 this winter. The vinyl wallpaper type covering was falling off the old panels so I've made new ones out of 1/8" oak plywood and arborite. The one piece of hardware I can't seem to locate at any of my local hardware stores or even online is this spring loaded aluminum pin which stops the sliding doors of the overhead cabinets from opening while in transit. I can't see how they can be removed and re-used. Does anyone know where to get new or similar replacements?
Hi Phil,
I had the same problem with my overhead sliders and the wood delaminating. I bought some vaneer at Exotic Woods on Industrial Drive in Burlington and took them to a furniture refinisher who laminated, stained and applied 3 coats of clear. They turned out mint. You should rebuild the originals if it is still possible.
Joe Loiacono is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium