Help with Jensen JWM70A radio - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-28-2019, 03:59 PM   #1

Name: Henry
Trailer: BigFoot
Tennessee
Help with Jensen JWM70A radio

I have a 2019 Big Foot TT which has a Jensen JWM70AR Radio/DVD combination in it. I downloaded the Jensen JWM70A Installation and Owner's Manual. I am trying to access the Weather Band. Page 11 in the Jensen Owner's Manual says to press "Mode" until the LCD displays "Weather Band " mode. When this is done the Weather Band mode does not come up. On this page it also says "If the unit is set for European operation, the WB function will be disabled."
Since the WB does not show up when the "Mode" button is pushed it must mean that this is set up for European operation. How can this unit be changed to US operation or at least Canadian operation? This information is not in the manual. Or is there some other way to bring up the Weather Band function?
I punched the "reset" button but it did not change anything.
If anyone needs the Jensen JWM70A Owner's Manual send me an email and I will send it to you.
Rzrbrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 04:51 PM   #2

Name: Kenneth
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
Registry
Weather

[QUOTE=Rzrbrn;761773]I have a 2019 Big Foot TT which has a Jensen JWM70AR Radio/DVD combination in it. I downloaded the Jensen JWM70A Installation and Owner's Manual. I am trying to access the Weather Band. Page 11 in the Jensen Owner's Manual says to press "Mode" until the LCD displays "Weather Band " mode. When this is done the Weather Band mode does not come up. On this page it also says

]What is the display showing? Only Am and FM, and do both work? Most manufacturers use that "A" on the number to show that it is for the Americas market.
Is this the correct book? There is nothin about WX radio in the specs.
https://www.asaelectronics.com/downl...ers_manual.pdf
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 05:00 PM   #3

Tennessee
Thanks for replying Kenneth. The Am and Fm both work. The Mhz is 88 to 108. I contacted the BF company and they are sending me to their Jensen contact who sent me a tele number to Jensen tech support. They are out of office until Monday. I can wait, but now I am hoping someone might just come up with a simple and quick solution. If Radios are anything like computers, maybe there was a software change that is undocumented.

I just got the message from the BF people the same time I got your first message regarding Mhz.
Old 12-07-2019, 11:23 AM   #4

Tennessee
Update: The owner's manual I downloaded form the Jensen website shows a WX band section, which did not work on my radio. I contacted Jensen support. They send me a another owner's manual, same as the first with the exception of the WX band section which was deleted. They said my radio does not have a WX band. It does have a DVD, Am and FM bands.
Old 12-07-2019, 12:18 PM   #5

Name: Kenneth
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
Registry
Thanks for the follow up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzrbrn View Post
Update: They send me a another owner's manual, same as the first with the exception of the WX band section which was deleted. They said my radio does not have a WX band. It does have a DVD, Am and FM bands.
Thanks for the follow up.
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote