"Holy" Bigfoot - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2008, 09:14 AM   #1

Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Front Bedroom
I bought a 2008 21FB Bigfoot travel trailer this summer. This Fall I caught 13 little furry friends who had gained access to my new trailer through a large opening ( 12 inches by 8 inches! ) in the undercarriage of the trailer. The opening is where the J-trap to the shower is located. The J-trap extends below the undercarriage and the holes appear to be cut to allow this, however the hole also allows mice direct access to the main electrical compartment of the trailer as well as the walls and all storage compartments and cabinets! If you have a Bigfoot please tell me what this area is suppose to be like. I can't believe Bigfoot would purposefully do this.
yvonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 03:51 PM   #2

Trailer: 17 ft 1986 Burro
Yikes! I can't believe the mfr left that big a hole.
pjanits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 04:12 PM   #3

Trailer: 2004 Bigfoot 17 ft ('Beastie')
Registry
Have you contacted the dealer? Have you contacted Bigfoot Industries? The trailer should still be under warranty. I don't think it is justified to jump to the conclusion that it was built that way! More likely it was damaged and/or "messed with" before you bought it. Although not perfect, Bigfoot quality is usually good. Sorry we can't help you.
BobB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 05:53 AM   #4

I am calling the factory on Monday. Someone on the Bigfoot Owners Forum told me their motor home had a plastic covering over this area and that it could be removed for plumbing access. I think someone forgot to install the cover. If it fell off or was removed there would still be screw holes visible where it had been attached. There is nothing. We dropped the trailer off at the dealer in Montana yesterday evening but the repairman wasn't around. There was only one other Bigfoot on the lot, a 25 footer, but it had no opening like ours underneath.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:40 PM   #5

Trailer: Bigfoot 19 ft (B19)
Quote:
I bought a 2008 21FB Bigfoot travel trailer this summer. This Fall I caught 13 little furry friends who had gained access to my new trailer through a large opening ( 12 inches by 8 inches! ) in the undercarriage of the trailer. The opening is where the J-trap to the shower is located. The J-trap extends below the undercarriage and the holes appear to be cut to allow this, however the hole also allows mice direct access to the main electrical compartment of the trailer as well as the walls and all storage compartments and cabinets! If you have a Bigfoot please tell me what this area is suppose to be like. I can't believe Bigfoot would purposefully do this.
Our 19' Bigfoot has a cover covering the shower drain, held on with four screws. If it had ever been installed you would see the screw holes.
TonyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 05:45 AM   #6

Spoke with Bigfoot factory and they confirmed that there should have been a fiberglass cover attached over the drain. They weren't very apologetic about missing this during my trailers quality control inspection however they are sending the part to my dealer for installation.

Tags
bigfoot