Honda 2200 I generator - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-16-2020, 04:28 PM   #1

Name: Kenneth
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
Registry
Honda 2200 I generator

Has anyone had the recall done? I have one of the first sold and have had no problems. It even runs the Air conditioner in my 2017 Scamp short term. But after calling several Honda dealers in my area NONE will do the recall. I looked online for the work to be done for the recall and could not find it. Anyone have the procedure?

AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 06:04 PM   #2

Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
http://cdn.powerequipment.honda.com/...8%20Poster.pdf

tried calling the 800 number ?

John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 06:10 PM   #3

Wisconsin
Registry
Last year

Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
Last year, I was told to take it to a local dealer. They have none that will do the work in my area. I'm going to do it my self, but I'd like to know the correct way, as in what is the recommended steps. I'll just lock tight the screws if I cant find the instructions. Videos I've watched do nothing to keep the problem from happening again.
Old 02-16-2020, 06:28 PM   #4

Mid Left Coast
any authorized honda service center should be handling warranty claims like this.

go here, check the 'service' box and put in your zip to find who's legit around you.
https://powerequipment.honda.com/dealer-locator

I have one right here, and dozens more within an hours drive
Old 02-16-2020, 06:51 PM   #5

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
CR says that the 200,000 affected units were sold between February 2018 and February 2019 so maybe your's is not included in the recall.

Check the serial number to confirm that it is, or is not, on the recall list.

If it is on the list and an "Authorized Service Center" is refusing to do the work then I would be on Honda like a *** on *** letting them know that. Call then, write them, let them know of the liability they are exposing the company to because one or more of their authorized service centers is not fixing the problem.
gordon2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 12:27 PM   #6

Wisconsin
Registry
Honda "service" centers

Quote:
any authorized honda service center should be handling warranty claims like this.

go here, check the 'service' box and put in your zip to find who's legit around you.
https://powerequipment.honda.com/dealer-locator
That did have one new place, but they do not do repairs and have no place to send it. They are however going to try to get the instructions and email me the PDF. I'm not going to go to make two trips to some other state to get this done. If all else fails I make something up and do it my self.
Old 02-17-2020, 12:51 PM   #7

Mid Left Coast
huh, I see several 'premiere' service places for generators in the Milwaukee area and 1 in Green Bay... I don't know where specifically you are.
Old 02-17-2020, 02:03 PM   #8

Name: Steve
Trailer: Currently Shopping
NW Wisconsin
I worked for a large contractor that owned numerous generators both Honda & Yamaha
From my experience Yamaha makes a better , more reliable generator and their warranty service was superior.
We ran into the same issues with Honda as the OP !
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 04:43 PM   #9

Wisconsin
Registry
Western Wisconsin Honda service

Quote:
huh, I see several 'premiere' service places for generators in the Milwaukee area and 1 in Green Bay... I don't know where specifically you are.
The new Fleet farm in Eau Claire went out of their way to find a shop for me. The Honda Dealer in Rice Lake was recommended by Honda Corporate, but they were not open when I got there (closed Mondays) That's the first 100 miles, I'm glad that I like the highway.
Old 02-17-2020, 05:31 PM   #10

Name: Jann
Trailer: Casita
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon2 View Post
CR says that the 200,000 affected units were sold between February 2018 and February 2019 so maybe your's is not included in the recall.

Check the serial number to confirm that it is, or is not, on the recall list.

If it is on the list and an "Authorized Service Center" is refusing to do the work then I would be on Honda like a *** on *** letting them know that. Call then, write them, let them know of the liability they are exposing the company to because one or more of their authorized service centers is not fixing the problem.
If no one in your area will do it then get on Facebook if you belong and tell your story putting Honda 2000 in the upper part of your quote with your problem. Honda will see it and contact you VIA FB. I've done that with companies and they respond quickly since they don't want the world to know of problems with them.
Jann Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 05:57 PM   #11

Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jann Todd View Post
If no one in your area will do it then get on Facebook if you belong and tell your story putting Honda 2000 in the upper part of your quote with your problem.

I'd be inclined to give Honda a chance to respond before launching some campaign against them. So far the problem is with a dealer, not with Honda.
Old 02-17-2020, 06:34 PM   #12

Wisconsin
Registry
Honda Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
I'd be inclined to give Honda a chance to respond before launching some campaign against them. So far the problem is with a dealer, not with Honda.
The problem is with the Honda service center locator on their web page. They list many sales places as Service centers. Any I called do not even have a place to send you to for service.
Old 02-18-2020, 12:03 PM   #13

Name: Andy
Trailer: Escape
New York
I didnít have any problems. I dropped one off in the morning and it was ready that afternoon. The second one took one day. The repair center, Victor Power Equipment in Victor NY had the parts in stock.
AndyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 01:50 PM   #14

Wisconsin
Registry
Same here

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyF View Post
I didnít have any problems. I dropped one off in the morning and it was ready that afternoon. The second one took one day. The repair center, Victor Power Equipment in Victor NY had the parts in stock.
After a year long search I found a dealer in Rice Lake, Wisconsin that took it. I'll get it back in one day. I'll have 300 miles on, but at least they will do the work.
Old 02-18-2020, 09:59 PM   #15

Name: Jann
Trailer: Casita
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
Yes I agree with you. Try the company first. If no help from Honda then launch the campaign. Sometimes you can get an answer in a few minutes and the FB quote goes away.
Jann Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 01:22 PM   #16

Name: straykat
Trailer: 1980 Trillium 4500
Registry
Part of the problem is many place selling Honda or other brand name items are not actual Honda franchise dealers and therefore do not have to do repairs. You just have to contact Honda Power Products and ask them for a qualified dealer closest to you to do the repairs and be sure to ask if the parts, if any are needed, are available at the dealer. Tell them that this is a real inconvenience to you and other Honda owners and that you don't want to drive a great distance just to drop it off and have to go back on another day to pick it up that you want to wait on the repair as it should take less than 1 hour to complete the repair unless the recall has cause other problems or damage to the unit. Remember a recall is their admitting that there is a hazardous problem that needs immediate repair before further use. They tell you not to operate it until the recall has been completed. They are held liable for damage the recalled item causes unless you continue to use the product after receiving the notice.

You do not have to be the original owner to have the recall completed as the recall is for the product not the owner. This has to be done at a Honda Power Products Dealer not a Honda Motorcycle shop unless they are both, Motorcycle and Power Products dealers. Honda frowns on dealers that don't take care of recalls in a very timely manner.

Ask me how I know. I was a service manager for a Honda Motorcycle dealer for 5 years and we were a Certified repair center, Honda trained techs, that Honda sent Problem customers to to keep them happy after another dealer fail the customer.

Also if you have paid to have the repair done before you are usually entitled to a full refund if the repair was done at a Honda dealer. Don't take No for an answer from Honda Power Products, not the dealer, but at the corporate level. the 800 number you call.
ROBERT ONEILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 05:27 PM   #17

Wisconsin
Registry
2200I done

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC0GV View Post
After a year long search I found a dealer in Rice Lake, Wisconsin that took it. I'll get it back in one day. I'll have 300 miles on, but at least they will do the work.
in one day, done the next.
Old 02-23-2020, 10:09 AM   #18

Name: Ruth
Trailer: Amerigo
Washington
Registry
Thumbs up yes, we had it done

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC0GV View Post
Has anyone had the recall done? I have one of the first sold and have had no problems. It even runs the Air conditioner in my 2017 Scamp short term. But after calling several Honda dealers in my area NONE will do the recall. I looked online for the work to be done for the recall and could not find it. Anyone have the procedure?
We brought it into Spokane Power Tool, here in Spokane, Washington. They are a Honda Dealer. They replaced the fuel valve, works just fine. We hadn't had a problem with it either, just got the notification and had it done.

Maybe Spokane Power Tool can help direct you to a better local dealer.

Home - Spokane Power Tool

Unassuming hardware store specializing in sales & repairs of power tools like chainsaws & mowers.
Address: 801 E Spokane Falls Blvd, Spokane, WA 99202
Phone: (509) 489-4202

Good luck!

Giggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator