Hot water in a trillium? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2008, 08:30 PM   #1

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Hi, I have a 76 Trillium 1300 and I would like to add hot water for the sink. I thought of installing a little propane or electric water tank somewhere in the trailer. Any cues or ideas how to do this?

-Thanks!

Andrew.
Andrew D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 08:44 PM   #2

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: How about a tall slim garage sale coffee urn... take out the percolator basket/stem and plug it in and turn the spigot out over the sink???
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 09:14 PM   #3

Quote:
Hi: How about a tall slim garage sale coffee urn... take out the percolator basket/stem and plug it in and turn the spigot out over the sink???
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie

-I never thought of that one Alf, but I'm looking for a more permanent option like Atwood or suburban water heater. Anyone knows the thankless water system ?
Old 04-07-2008, 09:47 PM   #4

Trailer: 1974 Trillium 13 ft
Quote:
-I never thought of that one Alf, but I'm looking for a more permanent option like Atwood or suburban water heater. Anyone knows the thankless water system ?
There isn't much empty space inside the counter unless you give up something else, if that's the location you had in mind. Looks like you would probably need at least 1 cubic foot for the smallest units. I'm curious to see other answers, though. My fridge happens to be pulled out, so here's a pic of the small nook inside my counter between the fridge and the furnace.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Inside_Trillium_Counter.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	12570

Old 04-08-2008, 07:54 AM   #5

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Here's a couple of previous topics:
Instant Hot Water Heaters, Do they work

Tank less water heater

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 08:01 PM   #6

Quote:
Here's a couple of previous topics:
Instant Hot Water Heaters, Do they work

Tank less water heater

Thanks, I'll take a look now!
Old 04-08-2008, 08:40 PM   #7

[quote]There isn't much empty space inside the counter unless you give up something else, if that's the location you had in mind. Looks like you would probably need at least 1 cubic foot for the smallest units. I'm curious to see other answers, though. My fridge happens to be pulled out, so here's a pic of the small nook inside my counter between the fridge and the furnace.

Attachment 12570

-My Trillium doesn't have a propane furnace -we use a small portable electric heater- I was planning installing the water tank at that place, beside the fridge under the sink. Depending on the unit size, it might fit.
Old 04-09-2008, 03:07 PM   #8

After reading post from members concerning tank less water system, I think this would be a interesting solution for my needs. Did any of you have a propane unit in a trillium or similar trailer? How much could cost the unit and how difficult is it to install one? Any suggestions on brand? -Thanks!
Old 11-26-2020, 11:52 AM   #9

Name: June
Trailer: Boler
New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
why do these links only take me back to the full forum list? I don't see it linking to the specific topic mentioned....
June in NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 09:27 AM   #10

Name: Alexander
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1300
New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by June in NH View Post
why do these links only take me back to the full forum list? I don't see it linking to the specific topic mentioned....
Probably because they are from 12 years ago and the site has changed since then.
Alex Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 06:53 PM   #11

Name: JD
Trailer: Scamp 16 Modified (BIGLY)
Florida
https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...ter-94248.html

I have a Fastar that cost less than $100 and you can buy several others for less. Some of the guys have quick connects on the water lines and hang them on the outside when they want to use the heater. I made a stainless steel box with Lexan front to put mine in, but most don't do that.
These small cheap water heaters work pretty well and I have used mine since I rebuilt my Scamp 5-6 years ago.
redbarron55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium