How do you sanitize the carpeting in a Casita Travel Trailer? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2023, 09:17 PM   #1

Name: Melissa
Trailer: Casita
Wisconsin
How do you sanitize the carpeting in a Casita Travel Trailer?

Does anyone have a DYI carpet solution recipe for cleaning the carpet in a Casita Travel Trailer?
Thank you so much for any help you can provide!
Melissa Cook
Melissa Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 05:08 AM   #2

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
We use a carpet cleaner power (keep windows open while applying) let it set in and then vacume it off just like any carpet. At the least it de-odorizes it. It is hard to see if it really cleans it as the color of the rug tends to make it look dirty anyway.
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 08:57 AM   #3

Name: Jerrybob
Trailer: casita
Washington
Do you have stains on your carpet.....do you want to shampoo the carpet? I use a shop vac on the carpet to remove dog hair but have never felt the need to shampoo. If you have stains......any home spray carpet stain removal would work. If you have smells......spray some Febreze on the carpet.....then go camping. Good luck.
jerrybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 12:54 PM   #4

Name: Keith
Trailer: Scamp
Texas
Not exactly the same, but when we bought our Scamp it was 18 years old and smelt like it. We steam cleaned the rat fur with a handheld steam cleaner on a dry day. It dried out in a few days and has smelled good for years since then.

In other words: clean the carpet as if it were carpet?
Keith2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 05:31 PM   #5

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith2000 View Post
Not exactly the same, but when we bought our Scamp it was 18 years old and smelt like it. We steam cleaned the rat fur with a handheld steam cleaner on a dry day. It dried out in a few days and has smelled good for years since then.

Yes when we first got the Casita back 5 years ago we did steam clean it also. But after that we just used the rug cleaner and vacume the rat fur. we don't have stains just want it to smell clean.
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 09:06 PM   #6

Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
Yes when we first got the Casita back 5 years ago we did steam clean it also. But after that we just used the rug cleaner and vacume the rat fur. we don't have stains just want it to smell clean.
Thank you for your feedback!
Old 05-23-2023, 09:07 PM   #7

Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith2000 View Post

This makes complete sense!
Thank you!
Old 05-23-2023, 09:08 PM   #8

Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrybob View Post
Do you have stains on your carpet.....do you want to shampoo the carpet? I use a shop vac on the carpet to remove dog hair but have never felt the need to shampoo. If you have stains......any home spray carpet stain removal would work. If you have smells......spray some Febreze on the carpet.....then go camping. Good luck.
Thank you for your help!
Melissa Cook
Old 05-27-2023, 12:58 PM   #9

Name: Daniel
Trailer: 1994 Casita 16 Liberty
Washington
casita carpet cleaner

Used Meguiar's Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner 19oz on our 1994 Casita and the black color turned a brand new white. Really impressed.
DanielAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2023, 06:44 PM   #10

Name: Madeline
Florida
BISSELL Little Green Portable Spot and Stain Cleaner,
I got it at Big Lots. You put solution in that comes with it. It sprays on lightly scrub and vacuums the dirt out to a separate chamber. I did all the carpet on our 17 foot, Spirit Deluxe. Don’t use baking soda based deodorizing powder. Anything damp will damage your table supports . It’s corrosive if it gets wet.
Madelinecap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2023, 08:08 PM   #11

Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, TV:Tacoma 3.5L 4door, SB
Colorado
My Scamp was 9 years old when we bought it in 2013. Soon after that I used the Hoover carpet cleaner which comes with an attachment to reach small areas. I removed a huge amount of mud and I am quite happy with the result since then. I use a wool runner, about six feet long, and when we track sand in, I pull it out and shake it clean.
Paul O. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita