How much is our 1975 Trillium 1300 worth? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2021, 09:45 AM   #1

Name: K
Trailer: Trillium
Utah
How much is our 1975 Trillium 1300 worth?

Hello
I'm preparing to sell our beloved 1975 Trillium 1300. We live in SLC, Utah.
It's been part of our family since 2015. We've hauled this camper throughout the western US, up to Vancouver Island and as far as Toronto. Sadly, we need more space.

This trailer has been streamlined into an efficient no-frills camping machine.
- Sleeps 4 with (the original?) front bunk beds
- A previous owner raised the suspension and added large tires.
- The trailer pulls and tracks great at 80+ mph.
- Two burner stove
- Hand pump sink
- Catalytic propane heater (non-electric)
- A stout rear trailer hitch allows for extra storage with a cargo tray/carrier
- No Fridge or cooler
- Needs a paint job
- One of the classic windows needs some love

Is this website the best place to sell this trailer? (I only see one other Trillium for sale on this site)
How much is this trailer worth?
Do you want to buy it?

Thank you for your help.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2992.jpg   IMG_8859.jpg  

IMG_1716.jpg   IMG_1209 (1).jpg  

TrillSLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 10:17 AM   #2

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
$10,000. Molded FG trailers are red hot right now and Trilliums even more so. Will need belly band and window work. Don’t paint could be cleaned and polished. Frame is a plus!. It will sell in ten minutes for $6,500.

As far as posting for sale, just put it up one one spot. Keeping up with multiple ads is a PITA. You could put it up here and direct people to a C/L ad. Like anything on line, be wise to scammers.

One simple technique to avoid scammers is to require a first name and zip code in any ad. Scammers don’t read ads or answer questions. It’s all automated,. Do replies all within Craigslist’s system. Don’t get redirected. A lot of people are careful with their phone number. Zip code is non-threatening. Ditto first name.

I add this line to the beginning and end to all of my ads: “Scammers are KILLING Craigslist right now. To avoid these scammers, put your first name and zip code in your response and I will get right back to you. All other replies will sadly be deleted. Thanks for your understanding!!!” You have to be smarter than the scammers.

Remember, Craigslist is FREE, and thus comes with good and bad. Get the good out of C/L and avoid the bad.

Pictures #2 and #4 are good. Add a couple of interior shots. Pictures sell items.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 11:09 AM   #3

Name: K
Trailer: Trillium
Utah
Thank you Thrifty Bill
TrillSLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 11:24 AM   #4

Name: Jeff
Trailer: 2005 Bigfoot 21
Free State of New Hampshire
Trillium 1300 great FG trailer

Agree with Thrifty Bill overall. I'll bet ours is worth in neighborhood of $13,000. Insured for same. It's a 1980. Is in Excellent condition. Has Fridge and Heater. New Tires. New Propane Tank and Battery. Awning and screened porch. Window in Door (which was an option) There are few if any on the east coast. When we lived in Calif and BC these were in top demand as well.

We actually prefer the Trillium on short trips more than our Bigfoot 21 as its so easy to tow and setup. I may be selling this summer/listing with OUTDOORSY.com as an in place rental trailer at the delightful Burns Lake NH Campground. If anyone is interested in a trailer this size they should rent and experience why these are wonderful little trailers for few nights. No need to tow it away.
Attached Thumbnails
P1010080.jpg   Trillium Awning_Screenroom.jpg  

Trillium Fall w awning.jpg  
Governor Bud is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium