how much material do I need to reupholster the hull of a 1975 pacer, and a few more ? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Maintenance | Restoration | Modifications | Problem Solving > Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-29-2012, 01:07 AM   #1

Name: Russell
Trailer: Perris Pacer
Oregon
Question how much material do I need to reupholster the hull of a 1975 pacer, and a few more ?

Hello everyone, My name is Russ

I have inherited a 1975 Perris Pacer 13ft trailer from my great uncle.
It has been sitting long enough to wrought out the floor, ceiling, window molding etc....

I have gutted pretty much everything.
I plan on putting the fiberglass cabinets back in.

1. Does anyone know how much fabric I need to reupholster the inside walls and maybe ceiling?
I plan on using marine grade vinyl with foam backing.

2. Also how much and what kind of glue should I buy?

3. I would like to know if anyone knows of an easy way to pull the closet out? It looks to be glued in. When I remove the door molding on the inside next to the closet, I can see its connected to the trailer hull itself.

4. One more thing, does anyone know if I have to remove the fridge to get the sink and fridge cabinet out?

Thanks for your time and input! Any advice is gratefully appreciated, I know My uncle would thank you too. He loved this little trailer
russ8916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:39 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi Russell, to FiberglassRV. We're glad you're here!

Where in Oregon are you located? There's several gatherings happening in our beautiful state starting April 2013. Check them out: 2013 Gatherings in Oregon also in Washington: 2013 Gatherings in Washington. Egg gatherings are great places to check out creature comfort modifications to trailers, talk to the owners and have a ton of fun!

I'll leave the answers to your questions to the experts. But, wanted to say HI from one Oregonian to another.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:15 PM   #3

Name: Russell
Trailer: Perris Pacer
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Hi Russell, to FiberglassRV. We're glad you're here!

Where in Oregon are you located? There's several gatherings happening in our beautiful state starting April 2013. Check them out: 2013 Gatherings in Oregon also in Washington: 2013 Gatherings in Washington. Egg gatherings are great places to check out creature comfort modifications to trailers, talk to the owners and have a ton of fun!

I'll leave the answers to your questions to the experts. But, wanted to say HI from one Oregonian to another.

Thanks for the warm welcome.
I live in Portland. I would love to come to a gathering, not sure when I'll have my trailer back together. Soon I hope !!!!!

Where about do you live in Oregon?
russ8916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:00 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ8916 View Post
Where about do you live in Oregon?
East county... where the wind is howling and the rain is coming down sideways at the moment. Actually TOO close to Camping World
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:07 PM   #5

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Hi Russell and welcome from the mitten state (Michigan) Many of these campers have components that are 'glassed' into place (bonded with fiberglass to the hull) so you might find it difficult to remove without causing further damage. If you post some photos, I'm sure that there is someone that can give advise. (besides we LOVE seeing photos of campers in the refurb process!!)
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote