How much paint for boler exterior? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2018, 03:50 PM   #1

Name: Mark
Trailer: 13' Boler
British Columbia
Registry
How much paint for boler exterior?

Hey all,

Hope everyone is enjoying the start of their camping season while I'm tits deep in renovations and learning experiences!

I've been cruising the forums and the general consensus is that it takes roughly one gallon to paint the exterior of a 13' Boler.. is this just for one coat? or two?
What are your experiences?

Some more food for though:
After heavy cleaning, de greasing and sanding to dull appearance,
I plan to tack cloth and apply Interlux prekote via "Roll and Tip Method" followed by more sanding, tack clothing and another layer of prekote.

More sanding, tac-clothing, then Paint with Pettit EazyPoxy Blue Ice also "Roll and Tip Method" - Repeat

I've also read somewhere that you cannon wax / buff / polish one part polyurethane paints as it will dull its appearance?

I understand painting the exterior will be tedious so hit me with any suggestions and things i may have missed.

You guys ROCK!
fofobraselio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 08:01 AM   #2

Name: Suzie
Trailer: Boler
Washington
Registry
I used nearly 2 gallons! Granted I used a grey primer and painted the top half of the trailer a "sunshine yellow". This required about 6 layers of paint to cover the primer. I was lucky enough to use an automotive spray gun, but I was outside so I'm sure I lost a lot to the environment.

I am a mega newbie when it comes to this work
msaurzlioew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 09:46 AM   #3

Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Registry
We used two quarts of Rustoleum "Topside" marine primer and four quart cans of Topside to do four coats of white on our SurfSide trailer's sides and roof, three coats on the bottom following the "roll & tip" method and sanding lightly between coats. Don't know if your epoxy paint will work the same or not, but our results were a "like new" finish on our 40 year old trailer.

--P
peterh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 01:49 PM   #4

Trailer: 13 ft Boler
Registry
I did 2 coats of white Brightside on ours. Used about half a gallon.
FRED SMAILES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 01:30 AM   #5

Name: Mark
Trailer: 13' Boler
British Columbia
Registry
Right on, Thanks for all your feedbacks.
Looks like I'll be picking up 3 quarts of paint and 2 quarts of primer as we will be only painting the sides and the roof and plan to do at least 2 coats.

[emoji106]
fofobraselio is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler, paint