How to winterize without HW bypass valve?? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-08-2016, 01:27 AM   #21

Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Oregon
Registry
I do have a question for all you folks that put that pink stuff in your water system. How did the RVers of 1950s and 1960s manage to not have there water systems freeze and break? No pink stuff then, I don't think.
Old 11-08-2016, 09:06 AM   #22

Name: Joe
Trailer: 2013 EggCamper & 2011 Silverado Reg Cab 4x4
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT ONEILL View Post
We have a 1980 4500 and we have found the best way for us is to start with going to the back of your regular tow vehicle and measure the height of the trailer ball and write that down on a piece of paper and add 1/2 inch to that measurement, again write that down on that piece of paper. Senior here.

Now go to the front of your egg and adjust the bottom edge of the coupler height to that measurement. Now get in the tow vehicle and very carefully back up to the egg so the trailer ball sits right where the couple can come down and latch to it. This may take the better part of a morning if you aren't good at backing and judging where you are, or you could always ask you wife to guide you but we know how that goes sometimes. When you get it all lined up, lower the trailer coupler down on the trailer ball.

When it is down all the way, you can latch the hitch to the ball and put a hitch pin or lock on it to secure it. Next raise the tongue jack all the way and attach the safety chains to the tow vehicle. Now plug in the electrical connector to the tow vehicle and do a brake and light check to insure that they are working. Do a walk around to make sure that you have disconnected the shore power and dog chain. Now get in the tow vehicle and check that the GPS is set for Quartsite, AZ. Be careful again as you pull on the the street. This is also a good time to look in the passenger seat to be sure you haven't forgotten anyone. Air fair is expensive and the TSA aren't very friendly people and you don't want to have to tow your egg to Sky Harbor airport in Pheonix to pick her up, it's known as "not a happy camper".

Well, now your on the street, just follow the old GPS til you get there. It sure beats hauling anything freezable in to the house for the winter, pouring all that antifreeze crap in the plumbing and blowing out the lines and still having to fix some plumbing when you are ready to go on your first trip of the spring.

Have a happy winter and watch of for us old guys.
Now that was funny. I was wondering for a long while reading - where is this going? Did this guy reply to the wrong thread? I love it!!! I know I cant talk politics here, but if things go south today, maybe I will just quit my job and head to AZ as you mention!! Spend it before its taken away.
2013 EggCamper #120

Joe's EggCamper Journal
Joe & Cherie is offline   Reply With Quote