Hydro Flame Furnace Question - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2021, 03:15 PM   #1

Name: Jason
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Newfoundland
Hydro Flame Furnace Question

Hey there,

I have ‘79 surfside with the original Hydroflame BRC-10 furnace. I’m wondering if it’s possible to run a bbq style propane line, such as in the link below, from a 20lb tank directly into the furnace. I’m hoping I won’t need to use the furnace this summer but in my neck of the woods we can get a few nights in the summer when the temps dip low. I currently don’t have any propane lines running to any of the appliances, including the furnace, so it would be a quick solution until I run all the permanent propane lines. I’ve attached a photo showing the connection to the furnace, which is typical for the fridge and cooktop as well. I believe it’s 5/8?

https://www.amazon.ca/Relishfire-Propane-Pressure-Regulator-Certified/dp/B07CBS25JT/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=Propane+Hose&qid= 1622316904&sr=8-5
Attached Thumbnails
B4C0FF62-6CF7-40E7-AD4A-EBF9DF5439BD.jpg  
JasonGill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 07:03 PM   #2

Name: Terry
Trailer: 1971 Hunter compact Jr, 1979 Terry 19', 2003 Scamp 16'
California
I don't know that it is a good idea, but it can be done and work. If you do it make sure the line is long enough to set the tank away from the trailer. Never set a tank in you trailer. They cab vent, lines can have small and large leaks. Before you go to the effort verify that the I working well and has no leak in chamber. Then it up to you.
This is when I would use a Buddy Heater along with a smoke alarm and a co alarm until I could finish the work right.
If you going to do it you might might regulator and a separate hose. It's all available at a good Hardware store.
You could run your permanent line to the heater with a capped tee. Then you'll be ready for the future. Check every connection for leaks. It's easy to get a leak when you're hooking up and disconnecting lines over and over. There will be many who don't agree. Just carefully. You sleep in the trailer.
Terry in Fowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 06:11 AM   #3

Name: Jason
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Newfoundland
Thanks Terry, still doing some research on this. Appreciate the help!
JasonGill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace