I hate to ask this. Have a 13.5 Big Foot - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2018, 09:18 PM   #21

Name: Roger
Trailer: Nomad
Nevada
I replied to Millys private message this morning and it didn't go through I replied again twice right now I don't know if it went through or not ?
RV NUT CASE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 01:08 PM   #22

Name: Jimmy
Trailer: 1991 Lil Bigfoot
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV NUT CASE View Post
I bet yours and mine are identical in mounting I got a ladder one time and looked on the roof and seen the bolts they are very rusty I am sure I am going to have to cut them off. I assume these are carriage bolts go through the wood frame up through the roof? I guess I am going to have to get my little snap on driver and get in there and take screws out to learn after I strip every thing out can you post some pics of your little jewel ? Can we get repop sticker for out trailers ? Thanks
Yeah, they're carriage bolts, but just the plated ones. I wonder if they make stainless ones. I worry about what's under the sealant! The base of my front-upper cabinet has come loose, so I'm hoping that I can re-attach it. If I end up taking down the cabinets, I'll certainly post some pics. I'm hoping to find some way to re-hang it without taking it down.

We're just doing some cosmetic things and repairing what needs fixing. This is our first year with the lil Bigfoot. I discovered this when replacing/re-sealing the front window and refurbishing the rock guard. Oh the joys of old campers! I'll take it as many opportunities to make it ours
Jim J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 01:15 PM   #23

Name: Roger
Trailer: Nomad
Nevada
I have to do that also take out the windows and reseal them the back is cracked when I strip everything out I am pulling all the glass out. I notice the hinge for the front window is rusted I am going to take it apart and blast in my blast cabinet Post some pics of your jewel !
RV NUT CASE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 08:42 AM   #24

Name: Jimmy
Trailer: 1991 Lil Bigfoot
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV NUT CASE View Post
I have to do that also take out the windows and reseal them the back is cracked when I strip everything out I am pulling all the glass out. I notice the hinge for the front window is rusted I am going to take it apart and blast in my blast cabinet Post some pics of your jewel !
Will do! I'll be away next week but I'll post some pix. I'll be doing the window glass replacement at that point too.

Btw, found this thread with pix of the wooden supports. It may be helpful to you.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=85360
Jim J. is offline   Reply With Quote