I have a leak in my Bigfoot 17, need advice - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-07-2015, 10:47 AM   #21

Trailer: Boler
Keith, I think I got my leak fixed. I used the 1/2" closed cell waterproof insulation tape around the whole inside perimeter of the removable fridge access.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Michael Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 08:19 PM   #22

Trailer: 1973 Boler 1300 (gone) 1985 Bigfoot
We had a similar issue camping on the September long weekend in Waterton Lakes NP. It was a Bangladeshi monsoon for the first couple of nights and we had this mysterious leak coming in from under the fridge area. Once I got home and starting investigating (and after drying out and several hot showers), I was looking at the fridge vent covers as well.

I ended up re-sealing the upper with putty tape, and around the belly band area where it had shrunk away from the cover. I didn't know (or think about) the foam tape, but that may be next years project. I added some extra screws too as I wasn't getting good bite on several.

I did a minor re-seal on the lower removable cover, but honestly wasn't imagining how the water was getting in there, so your photos are very helpful Michael.

Any improvement will have to wait until next year, as we have tucked the Bigfoot away back into indoor storage for the winter. Hoping next summer I don't have to camp in a monsoon again, but we shall see....

Cheers!
KeithA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot